Savannah

Luckily it was a peaceful few hours of sleep, but I was still cautious, the fact that no major threat has come to us yet was kind of weird. I stayed awake for about half an hour, thinking of a plan. Everything was peaceful now that Kio was back to normal, but that was a bigger reason to worry. For example, my dad. Mom had told me he died, but there he was, helping us more than anyone has ever helped us in the past few years. I decided to find out why. I got out of bed, and quietly walked to my dad's room. But my stealth was blown when one of the twins woke up in the center room. Dad had some pieces of cloth that Wisty had quickly made into baby footies with magic, it was the only clothes they had. Before, we used Wisty's pink cardigan and Nico's jacket to cover them up. I ran to their crib, and saw that Luke was the one throwing a fit. I picked him up, and rocked him back and forth in my arms.
"Shh, it's okay little guy! Savannah's here," I whispered to him,"I won't let anything happen to you and your sister while you're here, we'll be home soon"
"Savannah?" Asked Erika. She had gotten up because of the crying, and came to comfort her child.
"I'm so sorry! I was just..."
"It's okay, I'm probably not gonna get that much help when we get home anyway, thank you" she said.
I laughed nervously. She came to the crib and picked up her daughter.
"Why do you always go for her? I haven't seen you carry your son yet, wanna switch?" I asked.
"Well, everyone else seems to be taking care of him, I thought I'd let them have their time, is that bad?" She asked me as we swapped kids.
"No, I was just wondering," I said,"everyone should be treated as equals in my opinion, I just got curious"
"Oh," Erika said,"was there some time when..."
"Yeah, I spent a lot of time with Kio in the Dragon Forest when we were young, and I saw how bad the other dragons were treating her, and I felt pretty bad" I explained.
"Wow, that's....." Erika started,"that's bad"
"Yeah" I replied.
Then Nico walked in the room.
"Hey E, you okay?" He asked.
"Yeah, we're just talking" she replied.
"Well, we have a pretty big day tomorrow, you two should get to bed"
"Right," I said as I put Miley down.
I was about to head to bed when I heard dad talking.
"...be able to do it" I heard. Then Jake roared silently.
This isn't the first time, I translated. He sounded annoyed.
"we've done it before, we can merge together again, of course, but Savannah is smart, we can fool her like we did Starling, right?" Dad asked him.
Starling? I thought.
I don't know, you practically forced me last time, why are you asking me?
"Because, Jake, you're a dragon, and last time you gave me the merging spell, you know how it works"
I just stole it from Kiodragon's parents, I don't know as much as you think
" 'parents'!!!!" I whispered loudly. I gasped, and covered my mouth.
I heard footsteps walk to the sheet that substituted a door. Dad pushed it aside.
"Savannah! How much did you hear?" He asked.
"Nothing, I just woke up from Luke's crying, I wanted to say good night" I lied.
"Oh, good night, Sav!" He said, and I head off to bed knowing that we now had a new threat in our hands.

Uh oh! What did Max and Jake do to Starling? How much does Jake know about Kio's parents? And how will Savannah tell Kio what she saw? Think about these questions and see if you can answer them in the comments before the next chapter!