Chapter 49: It wasn't a dream

My eyes were closed, and yet, I could see almost everything. It was black, so black in fact, that I thought I was staring at death himself. Where was I? What was going on? How did I get here? Where was here? At this point I no longer cared about where I was or if I was dead or not or even if my father was still alive. The only thing I cared about was sleep. All I wanted was to just close my eyes and fall asleep and act like this was all a bad dream.

But unfortunately, this wasn't a dream. Rachel killed my father and then stabbed Mason and then stabbed me. My baby was dead, or at least that's what I thought.

I couldn't move. All I could do was lay in the dark in silence. Was Mason okay? I knew I wasn't and neither was my father, but I prayed with all my heart the Mason would live through this. If he died I would never forgive myself. I mean, it wasn't my fault that Rachel was doing all this. She said it herself, all of this started before I even moved Arizona. This time, it wasn't my fault. Something was finally not my fault and I felt so relieved that something horrible could happen to me and it wouldn't be my fault.

Mason has tried for so long to get me not to blame myself over the horrible stuff that's happened to me. I never wanted to believe him. I wanted everything to be my fault so that I would have a reason to hate myself, but instead, he made it where I couldn't blame myself ever again. He loved me when I wasn't even sure if I love myself, and for that, I will be forever grateful for him. The problem was, if he didn't make it pass this, there was no way that I could make up for all the good he's done me in this past year.

I didn't want him to die. I loved him too much to let him go. He didn't deserve this, after everything I put him through and everything that everyone else did, it's not fair. Why does all the horrible stuff happened to us? Why does Mason and his family have to go through all of this stuff? They didn't do anything wrong, no one ever did.

"Emma, wake up dear." Came a voice that sounded so familiar.  My eyes flutter open, slowly at first until I saw all his ice blue eyes and his dirty blonde hair. Mason was alright?

"Mason, you're okay. You're not hurt, right?" I asked with a raspy voice. Where was I? Mason was okay? How are we still alive?

"Hurt? I'm fine, are you feeling alright?" He said with a smile. The sun is shining bright into the room, I look to the left of me and I saw my window, we were in my room in my father's beach house. Wait a minute, my father. Was he okay? Was he dead?

"Mason where's my dad? I need to see him right away, I need to know if he's alright or not." I said frantically. I sat up in bed and expected to feel pain in my stomach, due to the knife wound, but I felt fine as if I was never stabbed. I looked at Mason and he look perfectly fine as well, then I lifted his shirt to reveal stomach and he started to laugh.

"What are you doing Emma? If you wanted me to take my shirt off you could have just asked." He said as he laughed. There was no stab wound. He was perfectly fine. Was everything a dream? Did I dream everything? If it was a dream, I think I would cry. Not sad crying, happy crying. I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck, and leaned Inn for a well deserved kiss. I love everything about me soon, and this is when all of my memories of him came flooding back.

"Nice bike." Came a voice in front of me. I looked up to see a guy in a t-shirt and skinny jeans. His dirty blonde hair was in front of his face a little, until he ran his fingers through his hair and moved it away. I took a small intake of air when I saw his ice blue eyes staring right at me. There were tons of hot guys in Cali, but none of them compared to the specimen.

That was the first time I saw Mason. It was when I was first moving into the new house in Arizona, I wasn't happy about moving at all, but seeing his face for the first time, made me happy again.

"Looks like the bad boy's parents found out he snuck out of the house." I said with a smile. He turned back at me and gave me a look.

"Well, I hope I didn't deprived your desires, your majesty." He whispered to me in my ear.

That was when Mason started to flirt with me. At first I thought he was just like all the other guys, only wanting one thing from girls like me, sex. I told myself that I would never fall for him, but once I started to get to know him I started to fall deeper in love than I ever thought I could.

"I love you!" I froze automatically. It caught me so off guard, that I slowly turned around and since I was drunk, I decided to whisper like an idiot.

"Mason! This isn't the time or place to be saying that! You're drawing attention to me, they might find out then I'm drunk!" I whispered putting my finger in front of my lips. He stayed there looking at me with utter shock. Oh wait...he just said he loved me.

That was right after I killed Nadia by self-defense. I went to Jerome to explain everything I knew, but instead he went off on me. He wanted me to sell the same pain that he has felt these past five years. I got drunk to try to make it I'll stop, and then I went to school. After five minutes there I decided I don't want to be there anymore, so I was going to leave on my motorcycle. But Mason wouldn't allow it, he yelled that he loved me just too make me stop, and show me how much he actually cared.

"If at any moment, you want to stop, say the word and I will. We don't have to do anything you don't want to." He said in a rough but gentle voice. I laid there with his blue eyes staring at me.

"What if I don't want you to stop? Would that be okay?" I asked, trying to sound sexy. I had to stop myself from laughing because I didn't want to ruin the mood. He smiled.

That was the first time Mason and I had sex, and we both lost our virginity to each other. After that, I got into a fight with my mother and got into the car accident. I didn't want to be in Arizona anymore, so I left. Then two months later I came back, because I was pregnant with Mason's baby.

"Wait, you're telling me that your mother named you Lawrence?" I said as I busted out laughing.

"Hey I had no control over what she named me, sassy pants!" He said in his playful tone. I laughed a little more and then called for peace.

That was when Mason wanted to go to California for the weekend. It was clear that Rachel figured out what is we point was and used it against him. We need to get away from her so we left. We had a nice day on the beach and then I went to the bathroom. Then I found my father, lying in a puddle of blood. A few seconds after that Rachel appeared with a knife. Then she started recording her talking about her back story and her explaining what she was doing all this. I tried to escape, but failed. She drag me back to the same place and was going to stab me, but Mason jumped in front of me. She stabbed him three times before she pushed him away from me, and then I was out in the open. Rachel's was going to kill my baby, then me.

It wasn't a dream.

Mason and I did go to the beach house. I went to the bathroom and then found my father passed out in a puddle blood. Rachel was there, with a knife and a deadly mission. She had a camera, and was recording everything she said and everything she was about to do. I tried to escape, but I failed. She stabbed Mason and then me.

I was dying, and so was the baby. I then started to hear a baby crying, it was my baby. I ran out of the room and followed the noise. I found the nursery where our baby girl was, and she was crying in her crib. I tried to pick her up, to soothe her, but then her body turn to liquid blood.

My baby was dead.