Chapter 45: Amanda Lane

My heart was beating faster than it was before as I drove over to Amanda's house. My hands were shaking as I sped a little over the speed limit. There was a voice in the back of my head that was telling me to slow down, after what happened with Emma, but my foot wasn't listening to me. I made it to her house within five minutes, and I parked it and slammed the door behind me as I ran up to her door. I didn't even bother to knock on the door, I just let myself in as ran up the stairs. I noticed that there was no cars in her driveway, meaning that her parents we're out and her little brother was too. That made me feel more uneasy, Amanda was home alone, and Rachael did something. 

I busted into her room and froze automatically. I didn't see Amanda on her bed but I looked down to see something red on the floor, my heart sank as I thought the worst. What was the red stuff on the floor? Was it blood? If it was, where was Amanda? I couldn't hear anything else but my heart beating in my ears and my heavy breathing. I was shaking, and felt sick to my stomach. What if Amanda's hurt? What about the baby? No, I'm not going to think bad thoughts! I had to find her, now

As my pulse quickened, I followed the small red puddles on the carpet, that lead to her bathroom. I took a deep breath and walked in. What I saw, was the most horrifying scene that I ever seen in my whole life, and now this scene was burned in the back of my memory for eternity. Amanda was lying face down, with blood everywhere. On the tile, the counter, the toilet, the bathtub, and all over her blonde hair. "Amanda!" I shirked. I fell to my knees right next to her and pulled her into my lap. I turned her face so I could see where the blood was coming from, when I realized that I couldn't even recognized her face anymore. It was covered in blood and she was unconscious, for how long, I don't know. "Amanda! Wake up! Amanda!" I yelled over and over again. 

I started cradling her head and cried, "Amanda, please, wake up." I begged in between sobs. I pulled out my phone and dialed 911, as I continued to cradle her. 

"911, what is your emergency?" the voice on the phone said. 

"Um...My name is Benji King... and I found my friend badly beat in her house. There's blood everywhere and she's unconscious, please, help." I begged. 

"Okay, please calm down a little. What is your friend's name, and where does she live?" the voice asked. 

"Her name is Amanda Lane and she lives at 2358 W Grandview Ave. Please hurry, I don't even know if she's alive." I said out loud and my heart hurt. She had to be alive, she can't be dead, no

"An ambulance should be arriving within the next ten minutes. In the meanwhile, I need you to answer some questions. Is she breathing?" the voice asked. 

"Um..." I looked down at her bloody and swollen face and then stared at her chest for a few seconds. "If she is, it's barely I can't tell. There's just some much blood." I said as I stared at the bathroom painted red. Why would Rachael do this? How could she even get so much blood everywhere? I check Amanda's body for any other areas to make sure she wasn't injured anywhere else. I turned her on her side and looked at her stomach, there was blood on it, but I didn't think she was cut or hurt there, which was good. If anything happened to this baby, I will personally kill Rachael and gladly go to jail for it. 

She'll pay for this. 

"Okay, stay calm. Where are her injuries?" the voice asked. 

"Her face, that's it. There's so much blood that I can't be for sure, but I don't see any other wounds." I said. I talked with the person on the line for a couple more minutes when the paramedics arrived. They had to rip me away from Amanda's lifeless body in order to get her on the gurney and into the Ambulance. "Please, let me go with her. Please, she's pregnant with my baby." I blurted. The people carrying her down the stairs nodded to each other. 

"Okay, but make sure to stay out of our way so we can make sure she's alright." they said and I nodded to agree. They got her up into the ambulance and I jumped in right before the other guy and sat down. I sat back but I could still see what they we're doing to help her, and while they were operating on her, I held her hand. I knew she was unconscious but it made me feel better. If anything happened to her, I don't know what I'd do.

The ride to the hospital passed in a blur as I fast walked behind them as they rolled her into the hospital. I could only go so far when a nurse told me to stay in the waiting room to fill out the papers. I struggled to fill some parts out, but other parts were easy. Amanda and I became friends when Mason and Emma were dating earlier on in the year, and at first, I didn't know how important she was going to be to me. I always knew that Amanda had a huge crush on Mason but I also knew that Emma changed Mason in a good way, and I didn't want anything to mess up their relationship. So I decided that if I befriended her, I could convince her that Mason had no feelings towards her and that she should move on. 

But I didn't realize that I was going to be so fond of her. I thought she was just going to be another sex obsessed teenage girl at school, but I was wrong. She was so much more. She was funny, beautiful, and smart, I never knew how amazing she could really be and that's what started all of this. I was in love with Julian, but the only one I told was her. I was afraid what my family and friends would think of me, but she was the one who convinced me to do it. I talked to Julian about her and he noticed that I had an unique liking towards her, which caused some relationship problems, but then he realized that the relationship I had with Amanda was just friendship. 

Julian was the one who came up with the idea. I was shocked to hear it come from his mouth, but he looked happy. He brought up the thought that if we got married, we wouldn't be able to have kids of our own, which made him sad since he loved kids. One thing led to another and somehow we got on the topic of having a woman have one of our kids, meaning one of our sperm and the woman's egg. Then the conversation got turned around when he suggested that we ask Amanda. I thought she would turn us down, but when she said yes, I never saw Julian smile bigger than that day. Julian and I both made the decision that I should be the one to sleep with her since I had the connection with her and I already had sex with a woman. 

Of course Amanda had her conditions, she wanted to lose her virginity to someone else before she slept with me, but I didn't realize she meant Mason. And that's how we got here. Amanda pregnant, not sure if the father is Mason or me, and now Amanda's in the hospital because of Rachael. I handed in the paperwork to the nurse and told her that I couldn't fill everything out since I wasn't her parent. I waited in the waiting room for what felt like eternity when finally the doctor came out. I stood up instantly and waited for the news. "Benji King I assume?" he asked. 

"Yes, this is he. How is she? I she okay?" I couldn't stop myself from asking. 

"Well we have her stable for now, whoever did this to her knew what they were doing. They made sure that they hit her enough times to cause damage and made sure that she wouldn't die for a while. Whoever did this didn't intend on killing Amanda, they wanted her to suffer." he explained. My heart ached the whole time because I knew exactly who did this and I couldn't wait till she got what she deserved. "The blood on her face made it seem like it was more worse than it actually was. She has bruises on her face and she has a head wound that looks like her head was bashed into something. She hasn't awoken yet, but we have her sedated at the moment. Now if you excuse me, I have to track down her parents." he said. 

"Can I go see her?" I asked. He nodded and walked off. I took a deep breath as I headed into her room. Her face was black and purple, with stitches on her head. She looked like she was in pain, and I couldn't so anything to help her. I sat down in the chair next to the bed, and held her hand. 

Rachael was going to pay for this, one way or another.