Chapter 48: Act Two

"Finally, now the show can begin." 

I sat frozen on the floor as I stared up at Rachael. She was holding a knife covered in blood, and was smiling a wicked grin. My mind went blank, I didn't know how to react. I just stared into her dull, lifeless brown eyes. She put her left hand on her hip, and griped the knife tighter with her right. "What's wrong Emma? Never seen this much blood before?" she remarked with a giggle. A chill went down my spine as I tried to assess what was going on. I closed my eyes and shook my head. 

There's blood on the floor. That blood belongs to my father. He's bleeding out. He was stabbed. Rachael stabbed him. 

I said those thoughts in my head but I still couldn't believe it. My father was fine. He was at work, like he said he was going to be. Rachael wasn't here. She did not have a knife. I was back on the beach with Mason. 

"Hey! I'm talking to you. "Rachael's voice flooded into my head. It was like I woke up from a nightmare to find that the true nightmare has just began. I screamed and then she dropped me, then I realized that she picked me up by my neck. 

"Don't touch me!" I yelled as I backed away from her on the floor. She smiled and flipped her hair. 

"Nice to know you're with me. Now, let's start the first act." she said as she sat on the counter. I sat there staring straight at her but wished that I was just imaging things. 

"First...act?" I asked lightly. I didn't want to break eye contact because I was afraid that she would try to stab me or something else so I barely blinked. She smiled and set the knife down and leaned closer to me. 

"Yes Emma. The first act of your tragic end, directed and edited by me." she made herself laugh a crazy person laugh. She had a bag on the counter and started to dig in it, seconds later she pulled out a camera, turned it on and pointed it at me. 

This psycho bitch was going to record her killing me.

I started crawling backwards but she noticed so I stopped. "But first, let me go back to the beginning. To explain my actions so you're not completely in the dark." she said as she jump down from the counter. She walked over to me and pointed the camera at me, I moved my head back. "Ladies and gentlemen, meet the whore of the hour, Emma Lee Black." she said into the camera and then backed off. I just stared at her like she was nuts and stared to breathe heavily. How was I going to get out of this? Where was Mason? I needed to call 911, but I was afraid that she'd see and kill me right then. And besides, my phone was upstairs and the home phone was too far away. 

"This whole thing started before you even moved to Arizona. Nadia had been my childhood friend since I was six, and she always seemed to push me around. I didn't mind it at that stage of my life because the meds my parents had me on didn't allow me to "overreact"." she started off. She pointed the camera so it was facing her, just like she was revealing her tragic backstory. "I was diagnosed with a mental illness called antisocial personality disorder, and was told to swallow pills in order to get better." she paused and look directly into my eyes. "But I've stopped taking my pills for a while now." she said with a wink. 

"I grew up pretty normal besides the fact that my parents were abusive, but I never once blamed them for it, I must have been a horrible kid. But here is where the psycho version of me was born, when Nadia and I entered high school. Nadia wanted to rule from the beginning, and I wanted to rule with her. I let everyone believe that Nadia was in control but in reality I was waiting for my chance to take over. Once everyone started turning their backs on her, I attacked and landed on top as the new head bitch of the bitch squad." she continued. I sat there, and realized that I was shaking slightly, I needed to call 911.