Chapter 20: Trouble in the kingdom

I woke up and I was tired. I couldn't sleep much from last night after Mason and I decided to be officially be together. I couldn't stop thinking about how much he actually meant to me, and what obstacles awaited us. I liked him a lot, more than anyone else in my life at the moment. But I couldn't shake this feeling I had, that something bad was going to happen. That us being together was going to cause it. 

I got up and got dressed. I went to the kitchen and ate some cereal. Once I was finished, I went back to my room to grab my bag, when the doorbell rang. I walked to the door, and opened it. Mason was standing on the doorstep with a smile on his face. Butterflies suddenly filled my stomach. I felt myself get a little shaky, I smiled back. "I'm here to take you to school." he said. I smiled even bigger. 

"Okay." I said awkwardly. He led me to his car, and I smiled when I saw it. It was white Mercedes AMG GT, and it was in almost perfect condition. We rode to school with the music blasting, and his hand intertwined with mine. 

We were still holding hands as we walked into school. Whit the butterflies still fresh in my stomach, I took a deep breath and was ready for anything as long as I had him by my side. 

I wasn't ready. 

Everyone, and I literally mean everyone, was staring at us. They were either giving us surprised looks, or evil glances. Mainly from the females because they saw that Mason was now taken, or they were surprised to see that he has moved on, or at least I thought so. He squeezed my hand tighter and gave me a smile. "I'm right here with you. No matter what happens." he said reassuring me. 

We walked to his locker and I waited for him to grab the books he needed. A few seconds later a blonde girl with blue eyes walked up to Mason with a look of disbelief. "Mason, is it true?" she asked a little too harshly. He gave her a confused look. 

"Is what true, Amanda?" he asked. He knew her, she looked like one of the girls who always surround him and Benji. 

"Nadia clams that she didn't sleep with you, that she slept with Benji. Is it true? Have you been lying this whole time?" she asked, now looking a little hurt. What the hell was her problem? 

"Yes it's true, I didn't sleep with Nadia, Benji did. I haven't been lying the whole time though, I was protecting Benji. Nadia was blackmailing the both of us." He said with a straight face. 

"Well, I guess I can believe that she would do something like that...but also...is it true that you started dating again?" she asked with the whole world in her eyes. It was as if I didn't exist in her vision. 

"Um...yeah. Emma and I are now together. Go ahead and spread the word. And make sure it gets back to Nadia." he said, giving me a wink. It was at that moment that she looked at me, and finally noticed I've been there the whole time. 

"So this is Emma? I'm sorry, didn't see you there." she said with a super high tone voice. It was like she was trying to act all innocent. I knew this girl was trouble, but I was trying not to judge too harshly. 

"Yeah, well you can leave now. Go and tell everyone that Mason's taken, and to back off. Or I'll punch them in the face." I said giving her an evil gaze. She stepped back, like she was scared of me, but then laughed it off. 

"You got yourself a feisty one Mason. Let's just hop this one doesn't end like the one before." she said back. I instantly knew who she was talking about, and Mason's face went pale. My anger took control, I punched her in the jaw. 

I just punched someone I just met in the jaw. 

She yelped like a little dog and started to rub her jaw. "What the hell was that for?" she asked in her whiny voice. 

"You know what that was for. Now get the hell out of here before I punch you again." I spat. She got up and walked away with her tail in between her legs. Mason stared at me with his eyes wide opened. 

"Emma, you didn't have to do that. I knew that...Alex, would be brought up by at least someone." he said reaching for my hand. I grabbed it and smiled at him. 

"No, I wanted to punch her. I mean it was obvious that she's was trying to hit on you. She was acting like she didn't even see me when we both know she did. And she didn't have the right to bring up the past, not when she knew it would hurt you. As long as I'm with you, no ones going to hurt you and get away with it." I said as we intertwined our hands. 

"Shouldn't I be the protective one in the relationship? Since I'm the guy?" he asked raising an eyebrow at me. I laughed. 

"You may be a guy, but that doesn't mean I can't be protective. I wear the pants in this relationship." I said, giving him a wink. He laughed this time and it gave my stomach so many butterflies, I thought I was going to explode. He was so cute when he laughed. 

His laughter stopped when the bitch squad appeared in front of us. "Look what we have here. Mason and Emma together, or so I've been told." Nadia hissed. That was fast. That Amanda chick must have ran. I saw Mason take a deep breath, and look her in the eye. 

"That's right. Emma and I are together now." he said boldly. I smiled at that. He was proclaiming our relationship without hesitation, he must really like me. One look from Nadia washed my smile away though. 

"Oh is that so? Let me guess, you're both madly in love." she said as she rolled her eyes. Rachel copied her by rolling her eyes but Jade just stood there. She wasn't smiling at all, she looked sad, like she didn't want anything to do with Nadia's bullying. It made me reconsider who she was as a person. 

"Not yet, but it's only a matter of time." Mason said with a smile. He squeezed my hand tighter. I looked her in the eye and gave her a smirk. 

"Don't feel bad. Someone like you wouldn't know what love was even it it hit you in the face." I said, waiting for her response. She laughed a little and walked closer, with Rachel right on her heels. Jade stayed where she was. 

"You think you're so special? Mason's only other girlfriend killed herself, maybe he'll luck out and not have it happen again." she hissed. I started to move closer to her but Mason's grip tightened on me. He wanted to stand up to her on his own. 

"Don't talk about her like that, ever. You have no right. Especially since you're the reason why she ended things the way she did. How does that make you feel? Knowing that you're the reason someone's dead?" he asked. I could see how angry he was in his facial reactions, if things got out of hand, I was gonna punch me another bitch. 

"I wasn't the one who decided to cut her wrists, she decided that all on her own. And if I remember correctly, the reason why she ended her life was because she thought you slept with me. Wouldn't that mean that she killed herself because of you?" she asked looking him in the eye. 

"Okay that's enough. I'm tired of you causing everyone around you pain. I'm so annoyed that I'm this close to punching you in the other eye so you can match." I said, holding onto Mason's hand. She looked me up and down.

"So you're gonna let your new sex toy fight your battles for you? Why so soft Mason?" she asked. I was ready to punch her.

"She doesn't fight my battles for me, she's there to support me. Now I'm sure Amanda told you...to back off or Emma will punch you in the face. But if she hasn't, well now you know. So leave now, or Emma will punch you in the face, it's your choice." he said, giving me a wink. I gave him a wink back. 

She stood her ground, and so did Rachel. But Jade gave me a slight smile and mouthed "do it" and stared at Nadia. Jade, wanted me to punch Nadia? That was something to figure out later, because Nadia took once more step closer to me, her mistake. 

I punched her in her other eye. I heard a lot of people around us gasp, and a few of them laughed. I smiled because she deserved it, and now she looked like a raccoon. Everyone went silent, so I looked up, and the principle stood there giving me a look of disapproval. I didn't care though. 

Nadia deserved it.