Chapter 44: Consequences

Rachael's P.O.V

Mason tried to end things when he came over earlier, but left even more under my spell. He doesn't realize it yet, but he's falling for me a little harder every day. I took advantage of him when he was at his weakest, when his walls we're blown to smithereens by the woman he loved, and he will be mine. Once he tells her that we slept together, once again, there's no way she would take him back. I was in the shower, letting the warm water hit my back as I thought these thoughts. Once I was done I changed and headed to my room. 

My house was always quiet, since I was the only one living in it at the moment. It's normally just my dad and I but he went on an extremely long business trip. Of course I have access to my debit card which he fills up every two weeks, so it's like I have my own house already. I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I needed a plan, some way to get Mason to fully commit to me and leave Emma behind. But what could I do to get Mason to let go or that whore? I hummed to myself as I thought about all the possible ways I could drive them apart, when I realized. 

The way to get Mason to come to me is to hurt the ones he loves. He'll have no choice but to do as I wish just so the people that he loves will be safe. I laughed to myself and sat up. But what could I do? I'm not going to touch Emma, not yet at least. My plan won't work unless I start with others. Let's see, we have his family members, but I really don't want to do anything to Nathaniel or David, it wasn't their fault. If anyone, Benji or Jerome. Wait a minute, Amanda was knocked up and had no idea who the baby daddy was. Rumor is that the King twins both fucked her and they don't even know who the father is. I smiled and opened my computer. 

Looks like I had my plan. 

Kelly's P.O.V

I was fighting the urge to scream as I drove Catherine and Jerome to our destination. My hands were slightly shaking but I tried to hold in any urges I got before we got on the plane. Jerome was sitting in the back seat with no expression on his face, he was clueless. I felt horrible for everything I did, I should have never kept this secret in the first place, why did I lie in the first place? Catherine looked pale, I didn't consider how much this news would affect her. I haven't seen her this affected by something since we were teenagers. I shook my head and focused on driving. 

Within the next hour we reached the airport and Jerome gave me a quizzical look. "Mom...what are we doing here? Where are we going?" he asked. I didn't want to tell him why, but I could tell him where, he did deserve that much at least. 

"We're going to California, but I can't tell you why." I said as I handed all the bags off to the men and they carried it to the plane. Since Catherine owned her own fashion company, she naturally had her own private jet and let us use it instead of paying for plane tickets. Catherine headed onto the plane with nothing but a nod and glance towards me. Jerome stood there with big eyes staring at me. 

"Mom, why can't you tell me why we're going to California? What could be so bad you can't tell me? You're scaring me." he said. My heart ached at the sound of his voice. My oldest son, he's been through so much and I was going to make his life either harder or easier, depending on how he was going to react to what we all we're going to see. 

"I'm afraid Jerome. I afraid of what you'll think about me once you find out." I confessed as a tear slide down my cheek. He looked me up and down and walked towards me, then pulled me into a hug. I was a little shocked that he did that, then I looked up. 

"It's okay, whatever it is I can't stay mad at you forever." he reassured me with a smile. I smiled back and then we both made are way to the plane. I let him go ahead as I decided to call Henry, I had to let him know I was leaving, but I wasn't ready to tell him the truth either. Catherine and I are the only ones that know of this, I lied to my own husband, and I was afraid he would hate me forever for this. But it was time to come clean. After the third ring, he picked up.