Chapter 39: He fell for her tricks

Emma's P.O.V

I was a coward. I ran away from everyone and everything, including Mason. I didn't want to face the reality, but I couldn't ignore my past forever. My mother claimed that Lucy was her daughter, and Mason freaked out and got escorted out of the hospital. It's been about two months since then, but I still haven't dared to ask her or my father if that was the truth. I guess I was afraid to know the truth. If it was true, then I knew my relationship with Mason would never go back to the way it used to be. 

I came back today, my father insisted that his chauffeur drive me wherever I needed to go. He wanted to come back with me, to help me with this, but his company needed him and he couldn't get away. It was bad enough that he's been with me most of this past two months. He said that there was a problem with one of the many hotels he owned that need immediate attention. He owns so many hotels in California, which makes him well known and respected. Black Industries stretches across the whole state, there isn't a person that lives in California that doesn't know that name. 

I took a deep breath and opened the car door. I couldn't run anymore, I had to face my fears, but there was another reason why I was here today. I knew it was selfish to only come back for this, but I knew I had to get an answer out from him. I made my way up the King's driveway, I exhaled right before I knocked on the door. I stood frozen, I wasn't sure if I wanted Mason to open the door or not. I was shaking a little bit and I tried to calm myself down but the door opened and caught my attention. 

A guy answered the door and smiled when he saw me. He had brown hair and two different eye colors, one eye was a silver blue color and the other eye was silver blue with some orange mixed into it. He was beautiful, but who was he? "Hello, you must be Emma. Come on in." he said polity as he opened the door for me to walk in. Who was he? As I walked in the first person I saw was Jerome. He looked up at the same time and his expression broke my heart. He looked confused but relieved to see me, then I heard David scream. 

"Em Em's back!" he squealed as he wrapped himself around my legs. By that time everyone was aware that I was back and I was surrounded by smiles and hugs. 

"Emma, how have you been? You look better than the last time we saw you!" Kelly said in a polite way. I nodded and smiled as I tried to remove David from my leg, but with no luck. Of course I looked better than the last time they saw me. The last time they saw me I was in a hospital bed with broken bones and was in a whole lot of pain. Over the two months I was in California, I healed and focused on my homeschooling. My father encouraged me to keep up with my school work and eventually got ahead of everyone else. 

The real reason why I focused so much on my work was because I didn't want to have time for my brain to start thinking about Mason and everything I left behind in Arizona. I ran away from my problems and everyone that ever cared about me, and my conscious never let me forget about it. I would have nightmares almost every night, so I tried not sleeping and well exhausted myself because I didn't last long when the medicine hit in. "Thank you, the doctor said I was all healed, I still have a little bruises on my chest but it should go away in no time." I said to her. 

I noticed that Benji and Mason wasn't there, and I started to worry. The guy who answered the door looked at me once again, who was this guy? "Oh, I haven't introduced myself to you, my apologizes. My name is Julian, Benji's boyfriend." he said as he held out his hand for me to shake. So this was the mysterious Julian, I didn't know he was so handsome, Benji has taste. I shook his hand. 

"It's nice to meet you. Where's Benji?" I asked before I could stop myself. I guess asking where Benji was, was better than asking about Mason. Julian turned around right when Benji turned the corner. It was like he knew he was coming. Benji was shocked to see me, but he also looked distressed about something else. 

"Emma? You're back?" He asked in a sort of daze. I nodded. 

"I'm sorry for leaving before, I shouldn't have and now I realized that. Where's Mason? I need to talk to him." I said holding back my emotions. My voice almost broke when I spoke, but I managed to keep it as normal as possible. Benji stared at me like he had no idea what I was talking about, but then it hit him. Something was on his mind. 

"He just left, we're not really sure where he would be since he hasn't been home in a while." Benji said as everyone avoided eye contact with me. He hasn't been home? 

"What do you mean? Where else would he be staying?" I asked, now confused. Benji was lost in his own thoughts to answer me, and everyone else looked as if they didn't want to talk about it. Jerome stepped closer to me and sighed. 

"I guess I'm the one who has to break the news to you. When you left, Mason lost it. He and I got into a real intense fight, and well...we didn't hear anything from him for about a day. Benji ended up tracking him down, but he found him at Rachael's." he paused as he stole a glance at Benji. Benji didn't even seem to be paying attention. 

Mason was at Rachael's? Why would he be there? He knew how much I hated them, the bitch squad, so why would he be with her? "Well who could compare to his true love Alex? Mason will never love anyone the way he loved her. You might as well give up." I heard Rachael's voice in my head. Wait a moment, Rachael tried to get me to break up with Mason before, because she wanted to get with him. She's made it clear that she wouldn't give up. He wouldn't be foolish enough to all for her tricks, would he? 

"Hey, don't ever think that I feel forced into this relationship, because I don't. I love you Emma, and nothing's gonna change that. You suggesting we break-up is more hurtful then I think you know. I know you may be thinking it's for the best, but you're the only one keeping me sane right now. And if I lose you, I don't know what I'm gonna do." he said as he kissed me on the forehead. Mason's voice flooded back to me, from one of the times I tried to break up with him, before the accident. 

"And if I lose you, I don't know what I'm gonna do." 

He fell for her tricks. He lost me and lost control of himself. I felt sick to my stomach, even though I was getting used to it, it never got better. "I'm sorry, I have to, go find him. I'll see you guys later." I crammed out of my mouth as fast as I could as I made my escape. Rachael was waiting for the opportunity to get with Mason, and I practically gave it to her. By me leaving, I left him vulnerable to any attack by her. Why was I stupid enough to leave?  

Would he be at her house? Where else would he be? I got back into my father's car and asked the chauffeur to drive me around until I found him. After looking for about an hour, I told him to go to the cemetery, hoping he would be there, and was right. He was standing in front of Lucy's grave as I took a deep breath. I walked closer and forced myself to speak. "Mason." I managed to say without my voice breaking. 

"What do you want Rachael?" he said in an annoyed voice. He didn't turn around, I stood frozen for a second before I spoke again. 

"No, it's not Rachael. It's Emma." I said shaking. I've never seen him turn around so fast in my life. He looked so shocked to see me but also relieved. I was afraid that he might yell at me, or say he never wanted to see me again, but instead he fell to his knees and started to cry. 

"I can't believe that you're, actually here. I've dreamed of you coming back, but I never thought you would." he said with tears fresh in his eyes. I gave him a weak smile. 

"I came back, to talk." I started off. I wasn't sure how I was going to say this, but somehow I was going to have to. 

"About what?" he asked, as he raised his eyebrows. I took a deep breath. 

"I don't know what to do. I thought everything through, but all of the paths that I could take, the one that I want to take, is with you. I'll understand if you don't want to be with me, or don't ever want to see me again after I tell you this, but I don't think I could go on without you. You're a part of me, and this child deserves to have you in their life." I said staring right into his eyes. He face was replaced with a look of confusion and disbelief. 

"Wait, did you say child? What child? Who's child?" he asked, pulling on my heart strings. I exhaled and fought back the tears. 

"Yours. Mason, I'm pregnant."