Baghdad bombing

Fear of overstepping my boundaries and also my lack of knowledge for what is happening in other countries hinders me from doing more diverse chapters. I will step my game up you all.

I could spend my whole entire time sitting here speaking on how there is LITTLE to none in media coverage in Iraq and how most of western society harbors this strange hate for Iraq and all of the Middle East due to subtle brainwashing over the years. But we all know that and slowly but surely are becoming aware of that (not as fast as we should)

"Perhaps one of the most deadly terrorist attacks in the last decade hit Baghdad last night. The death toll is at 200 and climbing by the minute. The victims were mainly families out preparing for Eid or celebrating. People were trapped and burning for hours after the explosion. There is little to no media coverage. No one is mourning, no one believes this is relevant, no one cares. 200 families destroyed. It's so frustrating. What is it about Iraqi blood that makes it so cheap? Why is our misery okay? Why does the world light up for literally everywhere else? I just want to know why does no one care when it comes to Iraq. Our martyrs don't get pictures or names. They become a number that people ignore. "

Via. bisateen tumblr.

I can't even sit here and say that I understand to the fullest extent how it must feel. But I do know and know other people of color have felt similar pain when it comes to personal situations that has to do with them or their communities.

No matter what religion you are, who you are, or where you come from some form of prayer would go a long way. Pray for the people who died, pray for those who are suffering, and pray for their families.

When it comes to the Middle East America is hush hush unless it has something to do with the troops. The "brave" and I do use that loosely troops. No one is thinking about all of the innocent people and lives that were taken. Many whose blood is on the U.S's hands --in regards to the early 2000s, and the "war in Iraq"

Ever since then the Middle East more importantly Iraq was looked at as exposable. No country is perfect that's all people need to remember.

The world lit up for Paris, but no one blinked and eye when the attack happened in Baghdad. Something is wrong with that picture. It is DEVASTATING whether it happens in France, Iraq, or in your own backyard.

I'd advise my readers to become more socially aware about the world we live in. You never stop learning, you never stop becoming more "woke" either. Don't say stay woke if you've become comfortable with the knowledge you've already attained. More is to come. Pray for peace.

Xx

Ken xoxo