Jesse's humanitarian speech

If you can't tell this is dissecting racism then you need to reevaluate yourself.

   +
Credits go to black tumblr for providing a script of the speech and of course Jesse Williams for standing in his blackness regardless of anyone else.
+

**you can find the link to the video on my message board for those who haven't seen it**

"This is for the real organizers all over the country, the activists, the civil rights attorneys, the struggling parents and families and teachers and students that are realizing that a system built to divide and impoverish and destroy us cannot stand if we do."

"It's kind of basic mathematics that the more we learn about who we are and how we got here, the more we will mobilize."

This is the part of the speech that has pissed off most white people across the country. As much as everyone wants to make believe they aren't racist, and claim how much they have contributed to the "blacks" around them it ultimately comes down to white american being one of the most racist power houses on the planet.

The more black people learn about themselves, the more they find out the more they stop idealizing white skin and also stop praising the ground white people walk on. The system of systematic oppression was literally built for and based on whiteness. It is to protect whiteness at all costs.

As much as other black Americans want to make believe that since they get to sit at the front of he bus and go to school with white people that they are free you are never truly free and we sure as hell aren't equal until everyone in this nation has an equal opportunity at success.

I think that it's fine and dandy that there are white people across America that found the speech racist, and against them and ultimately felt attacked by the truth just as I find it okay that there are black people across America who felt uncomfortable with him addressing facts and handing out receipts because they are not yet ready to acknowledge that they do hold white people at a higher standard than they hold themselves. That's all fine and dandy.

Simply because what they don't tell you about the first civil rights movement is that not everyone fought, not everyone agreed and many black people, a larger majority did not want to participate because they didn't want to ruffle the good 'ole white feathers. They had it good, they were being allowed to live and breathe with in the same space as whites why not just leave it alone, right? But the moment segregation (at the time) was lifted they wasted no time sending their children to integrated schools, and sitting at the front of the bus, or drinking out of the same water fountains.

There will be plenty of people in the shadows who want the black lives matter movement to be silenced but won't waste anytime signing on when it's finally reached its goal. *coughs coughs* I.e Hillary Clinton and all of her peoples.

"Now this is also in particular for the black women who have spent their lifetimes dedicated to nurturing everyone before themselves. We can and will do better for you."

It seems to me, black men hate black women because as soon as Jesse said this I felt a shift in the attitude of people on Twitter and those who were in the audience. I mean it's pretty cool to stand and clap and let everything fly over your head.

It means a lot to black people, more importantly black women that a man -- a black man would stand up on national television and do something that is hardly of ever done. Take care of black women, take up for black women, and protect black women.