"Okay okay! I'm stopping. I'm right here." He stopped.

I looked at him squinting my eyes. "Speak."

"Elle I live here. You know that." He said softly.

"How'd you get it? I arranged for the locks to be changed." I wondered. It was true. He was staying here for no purpose at all. So I made arrangements for the locks to be changed.

"And I realized." He smirked. "Smart move, Ella. But not smart enough." He cleared his throat and cleverly walked closer to me. "These guards are mine. They know me. They obey me."

"Stay back, Matthew or so help me god I won't think twice before I stab you." I glared.

He looked at me amused. "Ella come on. You invited me for dinner-"

"Which I was totally fine with until you came in and manhandled me!"

"Manhandled?" He retorted. "I just hugged you."

"You touched me!" I said.

"I couldn't help it." He shrugged.

"Matthew, shut up and let me cook." I turned around and continued cutting the tomatoes.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

"We're talking right now." I said putting the tomatoes in the pan.

"Come on Elle I'm serious." He sighed.

"And so am I. Tell me what you want to talk about." I said.

I put seasoning to the sauce and made sure all the ingredients were in there. I was stirring it and making sure it was the right consistency I wanted.

"-so is that alright?" I heard.

"What?" I put the lid on and turned to see him sitting on the bar stool looking at me.

He sighed. "Are you even listening?"

"Yeah, of course I am." I scoffed.

He raised an eye brow. "Oh yeah? What'd I say?"

"Okay fine I wasn't listening but knowing you it's probably something not worth my time." I smirked.

"Ha ha very funny." He said sarcastically. "I was saying how I think we should-"

"Excuse me? We?"

"Keep listening." He scolded making me roll my eyes. "We should go to the Hampton's. It'll be a fun trip."

"I really just want to get back to Toronto." I told him crossing my arms over my chest.

"What?" He furrowed his brows.

"I have a lot of stuff on hold there." I explained. "What? You can't just expect me to leave my life in Toronto and stay here for good."

"You can't just leave. You just came back. I just found out about Xavier. How will I see him?" He demanded. I could tell Matthew was getting pissed.

"Which is why we were going to discuss about you visiting on weekends and holidays." I stated.

He glared at me. "I refuse to be the weekend parent. You kept me away from my son for years and now you just expect me to forget about it?"

"I didn't say-"

"I heard what you said!" He said. "Ella I don't care what you say, but I most definitely refuse to see my son on the weekends." He looked at me with a stressed face and scoffed. "My son hates me Ella. My son freaking hates me all because you couldn't tell me about him." He closed his eyes. "I missed him learning to crawl, to speak, to walk. Dammit I even missed his first haircut!"

"I mean if you say it like that it's sounds like a bad thing." I mumbled.

He looked at me and scoffed. "I cannot believe you. You really don't see what's wrong here, do you?" I glared at him. "Same old stubborn Ella thinking that her way is the right way. Well guess what! It's not."'

"I am not stubborn." I told him. "My point is that you cannot expect me to leave my life with Xavier in Toronto and move her permanently."

"You've done it before. You lived her before." He stated.

"That was before. When we were married." I looked away. "But my life is not that anymore. Xavier and I have our life in Toronto."

"Ella stop being selfish and think about it in my perspective." He stated. "How would you feel if I kept our child away from you for years and never told you about him?"

"Why is everything about how you feel? Have you ever thought of why I didn't tell you? Has that thought ever occurred to you?" I said.

He looked at me with a blank face.

"Yeah I guess not." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah? Well tell me why. Why haven't you told me? Why'd you keep it a secret? I've spent years trying to find you. When I did I learned that you were safe and living your life. I didn't come for you as I wanted to give you space but then I find out that I'm a father of a child you've hidden from me. Why'd you do it?"

"Because you never came for me. You divorced me. You said you loved me yet you let me go! What kind of husband does that!?" I turned around as I felt my eyes become glossy. "You divorced me at that hospital. I know I asked for it but you could have stayed with me. You could have helped my memories. God Matthew I loved you so much yet you threw it all away." I felt a tear escaped. "You did not deserve to know. All you did after leaving me was be with girls. You moved on quite quickly. My son did not deserve a coward-like father like you who left his mother when she needed him the most. Yet I still thought that there was a part that he deserved. The part that I fell in love with. So I gave him your name. Xavier Charles Westworth Hazner."

I stopped talking and wiped my tears that fell. I wanted to cry. But I could let him see me cry.

"Mommy?" I heard a little voice.