Chapter 24: Finn

It was Friday morning and I was fixing Ezra's bottle when River walked into the kitchen.
"Ellie I would like you to meet Finn." River spoke. I finished the bottle I was heating up and turned around to see a face that I had not seen since I was eleven. "Finn?" I questioned.
"Elle?" I ran up to the now matured boy, and jumped into his arms.

"You guys know each other?" River asked with surprised look on his face. I nodded as I continued to hug Finn.

"Care to indulge on that?" River asked once again.

"He's my brother." I finally said. "I thought you said you didn't have any fam-" I cut him off. "I did. I haven't seen Finn since I was eleven when he deployed." After our mother died Finn got called up from the reserves and was shipped off to Afghanistan.

"How have you been? How was Afghanistan?" I bombarded him with questions. I was so happy to see him. I had missed my big brother so much while he was gone. After not hearing from him for seven years I had started to think of the worst and so I never spoke of him. That is why River never knew I had a brother.

"Whoa whoa slow down baby sis. It was the war, I wasn't traveling the world." I chuckled a bit as Finn carried on talking about his experiences and what it was like over there. However when he was telling me a story Ezra's cry broke us out of our small talk.

"I've got it." I said while standing up and going up the stairs to Ezra's nursery.

"Hey little man."I picked him up after checking his diaper and brought him downstairs. River and Finn were sitting on the couch watching a football game.

"He should have passed the ball and not have ran it. I mean c'mon that was a stupid decision." Finn was watching the television closely as River criticized the quarterback.
-
-
-
We were all sitting at the dinner table when my phone began to ring. My eyes immediately caught River's as we thought back to the last time my phone rang. I pulled it out from my back pocket and looked at the caller I.D. Once again it was a blocked number.

With shaky hands I swiped the button and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Well Hello my darling. I'm quite surprised that you answered. How is Finn doing?" I could feel the color draining from my face, as Craig said that. How does he know that Finn came home today?

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said quietly and hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" Finn questioned.

"Oh no one." Finn gave me a weird look, but didn't question me any further. My phone lit up as I got a text, from the same blocked number as the call from earlier.

'Give Finn my best.' I blew out a sigh and Finn placed down his fork and began to speak.

"I lived with you for eleven years, I know when something is up." 'Tell him. He deserves to know.' River spoke through our mindlink. Letting out another sigh -although this one was more of a groan- I told Finn everything. Come to find out that Finn was also a werewolf, but he had been one all his life.

"Okay so if Jonathan is a were-"

"You mean Dad?" Finn asked.  I shook my head no. He might have been Finn's dad, but to me he was just a sperm donor.

"No I mean the man who cheated on our mother and then didn't even come to her funeral. Finn he was your dad, but he was never there for me. So I will not call him Dad or Father, to me he is Jonathan or Sperm Donor."  After my rant we all sat in silence at the table before River spoke.

"Finn, I assume since you just got back that you are not in a pack?" Finn shook his head and turned all his attention to River.

"Then you are welcome join ours." A smile broke out on my face at the thought of my beloved brother staying in the pack forever.

"I would be happy too." Finn remarked. My phone once again lit up and I dreaded reading the text that was waiting for me.

"I got it baby sis." I desperately tried to pry the phone from Finn's hands but to my avail he read the message. He growled and dropped my phone onto the table.

"Who sent you that?!" I picked up my now cracked phone and read the message with shaky hands.

'Ohh. Three for the price of one.'  I showed River and another growl ripped through the air.

While I waited for the boys to end their growl fest, I picked up the wide eyed Ezra and walked into the living room. I cuddled him to my chest, hoping that he would not get involved in this. However I got my answer when a car plowed through the front of our house.

-

-

-

Well I don't know how I really feel about this chapter, but here it is. You found out that Ellie has a brother and that Craig is pretty serious about hurting Ellie's family.

       Much Love and As Always Thank You So Much For Reading,

               xoxoswaldo
HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!🇺🇸🇺🇸🎆🎆