Chapter 21: The Beginning of An End

It had been six weeks since Ellie found out she was pregnant. We had just learned that our little munchkin would be a boy. The plan was that his first name would be my fathers and his middle name would be one of our choice. My dad's name was Ezra, which Ellie loved so she had no problem in naming our son that.

"What should his middle name be?" Alex, Morgan, Ellie and I were in the living room.

"Shhh." Ellie and Morgan shushed us as they continued watching reruns of Grey's Anatomy.

"I still can't believe that he's dead." Ellie said.

"I know. Since she found him she wasn't as into Owen." Owen, I thought Ezra Owen Hales. Sounds pretty damn good to me.

"What about Owen?" The girls turned around as they heard me speak.

"What do you mean, what about Owen?"

"For Ezra's middle name. Ezra Owen Hales." A smile broke out on Ellie's face as she nodded in agreement.

"Damn brother what am I supposed to name my kid?" Alex chuckled. He and Morgan were also having a boy. 

"That's your problem."

-

-

-

                 I was sitting in my office catching up on pack business when my phone suddenly rang.

                "Hello?"

"River I think I know Ellie's dad." It was Momma K.

"What do you mean?" She sounded nervous.

"I have a friend; whose name is Jonathan Smith. In nineteen ninety-nine his pregnant mate vanished. He came back after visiting a friend and she was just gone."

"How do you know?" I asked cautiously. I didn't need my mom's friend bringing in some random guy, saying that he was Ellie's father.

"I was his friend."

"Do you mean a friend or a friend with benefits?"

"The second one."
"Ewww." Now I had an image of the woman who raised me getting it on.

"Bring him over I guess." With that I hung up the phone and blew out a stressful sigh.

'Calm down. Ellie feels our stress through the bond remember?' Zander's voice echoed through my head. At the sound of Ellie's name, a creepy smile appeared on my face. The thought of her beautiful blonde hair and those amazing green eyes immediately calmed me down. I logged off my computer and set off to find my sweet mate.

The door to our bedroom was ajar and inside I saw Ellie sitting on our bed with an unknown male and Momma K.

"Hey..." I said as I walked into the bedroom.

"Great timing River." Momma K remarked.

"Who is that?" I asked her.

"My name is Jonathan." The man said. 'He's Ellie's father.' Zander's voice once again echoed through my head. Momma K and Jonathan sat down in the chairs in the corner of the room, while Ellie and I sat on the pallet in front of my bed.

Once we were all seated, Jonathan began to speak. "I am John." He said as he stuck out his hand towards Ellie.

"I know who you are." She replied back in a disgusted tone. He looked back at her with a shocked look on his face.

"My mother showed me pictures of the man she fell in love with, and he's not you," Ellie had stood up from where she sat and was yelling.

"You are the bastard that cheated on my mom. The same man that left his pregnant wife for some booty call."

"It wasn't a booty call. Your father was in love with this woman." Momma K spoke up. I knew from the look on her face that she was losing it.

"Oh so you're not a booty call?"

"You little bitc- "Momma K shouted, but a threatning growl from me made her stop talking.

"Katherine. I think it's best if I leave." Johnathan exclaimed.

"Go ahead. We all know you're really good at that." Ellie was furious. He left our room with an emotionless face but once at the door looked over at me as if asking me if he could stay in the pack house. I nodded my head and focused my attention back on my mate.

"Katherine," I said using Momma K's actual name. "I think it's best if you leave too." She did as I said but gave me a challenging look as she left the room.

"Ellie?" I asked a few minutes after Jonathan and Katherine had both left. She turned towards me and I saw that her bottom lip was quivering. Zander was already comforting Ellie's wolf, so I took that as my queue to do the same to Ellie.
"I feel like a bitch. I just met the man and I yelled at him." Ellie said. A look of regret was on her face.

She came towards me and once she was in my arms she broke down. Her whole body shook as tears streamed down her face. "It's gonna be okay baby girl." I spoke into her ear. She nodded and stuck her face in the crook of my neck.

-

-

-

Ellie's POV:

I had seen Katherine and Jonathan at breakfast the next morning, but other than that I was trying to ignore them. River had tried to get me to reason with Jonathan but I just wasn't ready. Currently I was standing in the shower letting the water relax my tense muscles.

As I was washing my hair, I felt pressure in my stomach. It felt like really really bad cramps.

"River!" I shouted as the pain began to worsen. He ran into the room looking for danger. Usually I would have laughed but I was in to much pain.

"River it's to early." I whispered, as he turned off the water in the shower and wrapped me up in a towel. He changed me into one of his shirts and carried me to the infirmary.

"What happened?" Mark questioned. He was one of River's close friends and also a doctor.

"I think shes going into labor." River sounded calm, but through the mate link I could feel Zander pacing.

"Okay. Follow me this way." River placed me on the bed and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"River would you mind stepping out for a moment?" Mark asked.

"Why?!"

"I need to take a look and you my friend need to calm down Zander. Oh and maybe call Alex and Morgan." River left and promised that he would call Morgan. Mark did what he said would do. However he came back with news I didn't really want to hear.

"Ellie, it looks like there is a problem with the placenta."

"What does that mean?"

"That means that when you give birth there may be major bleeding. So medically I suggest you deliver your baby by cesarean section."

-

-

-

Boom! 🔥💥 I've had that in the making since I started writing this book. I didn't plan for Katherine to end up with Jonathan though so... Anyways the next update should come soon, but I'm not promising anything.

Much Love and  As Always Thanks For Reading,

          xoxoswaldo