Spacing Out

Ellie's POV:
AS I GO THROUGH AND EDIT THESE CHAPTERS I REALIZED THAT THIS WAS A LITTLE OUT THERE AND WEIRD
    "Will you be my girlfriend?" River asked me with a hopeful voice. To be honest this was all very fast. I had just met River, and he knows all my secrets. He knew that I have been abused for most of my life by my stepfather, and now he knows that I have panic attacks. He knows that I practically starved myself, because of the demons in my mind and along with the will to earn some sort of respect from my father.

   Snapping out of my daze I focused on an eager River. He looked so hopeful and excited. I on the other hand was a mess, not really, but my brain was wracking trying to come up with something to say. His face was priceless, with his goofy grin, and puppy dog eyes along with his tousled brown hair.

   "Ellie?" River questioned once again, while waving his hand in front of my face.

   "Sure, why the hell not?" I exclaimed finally. River wrapped me up in a bone crushing hug, and pressed a kiss to my forehead. After he kissed me, then we continued setting the kitchen table. Not a minute later Alex and Morgan barged into the room.

"Food!" Alex cried out, almost as if he had not eaten in a week. I knew what that felt like, I thought.

    As I grew up I was constantly told I was overweight. I was 5'7 and ninety- five pounds. When I started starving myself, I was only thirteen. People told me that I was stupid and fat, and that I shouldn't even exist. That was also the year I started cutting.

   When I cut, I felt that I was releasing all the hatred and terrible thoughts. As a result I had scars running along my thighs and forearms.

   That was the only thing River didn't know about, that I had been abusing myself for five years, but I was also suicidal.
=

  After dinner we all watched a movie, but halfway through Alex and Morgan went to 'bed'. If you asked me, they went up to do the dirty. I was sprawled out along the couch with my head on River's lap, when I started to get tired, so I yawned and closed my eyes. The room went silent and I felt myself be picked up. Knowing it was River, I snuggled into his warm chest.
   We went up the stairs, to what I assumed to be his room, and when my head hit the soft mattress, I was out like a light.
=

I awoke to the sounds of birds chirping and sunshine seeping through the blinds. As I stretched,  I looked around River's room. It was generally the same as when I had seen it the first time. Wondering where River was I pulled the covers off me and put my foot down, only to meet something squishy.

Well apparently that 'something' was actually a someone.

"Owwww.." RIver grumbled into his pillow.

"River?! Why the hell are you in the floor?" I almost yelled.

"Because you were in the bed.." His big brown eyes stared at me from below and I felt like I was scolding a child.

A knock interrupted the silence. Sighing I sat on the edge of the bed, while River stood up and wrapped a blanket around him, casually walking towards the door.

"Good you're awake." A perky voice exclaimed.

"It's too early Momma K."

"No, it is not. So when you get dressed come down to the infirmary, you will be starting treatment today."

"What? Why now?"

"Your leukemia is progressing quickly and we need to get started."

"I'm a werewolf though I have extra time." River complained.

"Not right now. Zander is not helping you one bit, so basically you are a human, with a twenty five percent rate that you will make it to the age of twenty three." When Dr. Kabler said that my head snapped towards the door and my mouth slowly opened. I was surprised when River slammed the door shut, and pulled me back into bed.
=
After forcing River to take a shower we finally made it to the infirmary. When we arrived, he was led to a private room, where a nurse placed an IV catheter into his arm. The needle was supposed to deliver medication into his bloodstream.

Personally I am not a fan of needles, and this needle was gigantic. River just looked over at me, and acted like it wasn't piercing his skin.

Three hours passed and the entire time, I sat next to River holding his hand making small talk. Dr. Kabler eventually entered the room, with a smile on her face.

"Congratulations River, you have completed your first chemo session."

"Okay.. Can I leave now?" River asked, with a sad tone. Sighing, she nodded and River stood up to leave. I silently followed behind him, trying to decide what to do. "Zander said he's going through one of his mood swings." Piper spoke up. I wasn't used to having her in my mind, it was like a mini me inside of my head.

As I got to our room, I heard the bathroom door close and the shower start. Maybe he felt like crap and was just going to rinse off. Well was I wrong... Half an hour later and he was still in there and I started to get worried. So I knocked on the door, but got no response. Carefully I opened the door and found River, sitting in the bottom of the shower still fully clothed, but just sitting there. The water was running off his face as he stared off into space.

I turned off the water and sat down next to him. I didn't dare say something, the look on his face told me not to. We both just sat in the bottom of a wet shower, waiting for the other person to speak.

The silence was to much after a while, and I finally stood up, offering my hand to the still wet River.

"C'mon River, lets get you some dry clothes." He still sat there acting as if I hadn't said anything.

"River.."No response.

"River..." Still no response. I wasn't a person that had much patience and right now I was about to loose all of it.

"River get your ass up and out of this shower. Right now." He finally looked up at me, with his sorrowful brown eyes, and slowly stood up. He made his way towards the other side of the bathroom, where the door was, but did he leave? No. He freaking sat in the bathtub, and stared back into space.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter was kinda sad... I think in the next chapter, Ellie will have her first shift, so that will be interesting.. maybe

Bubba Out