Chapter 23

"So what you're saying is that Alex has the power to heal people." River stated. Jonathan nodded his head. Apparently he had seen something like this while he was traveling the world.

"Why do I have this power? It sounds like a lot of work." Alex complained.

"The Moon Goddess gave you the power when you were born and knows that you will do something great with it." Alex was complaining to Morgan about how he wouldn't be able to watch as much Netflix now, when my phone rang out of the blue. Everyone turned towards me as it kept ringing.

"Ellie answer your phone." Jonathan said.

   "No, if someone needs me they will leave a message." When the ringing finally stopped, I unlocked my phone to check the caller I.D. only to see that it was a blocked number. There was notification for a new voicemail so I typed in my password and heard the voice I never thought I would hear again.

'So you that dog finally got you pregnant, huh? I would worry about that little baby boy of yours, because I'm still coming and I won't be alone. See you soon Ellie. Oh and tell your father I said hello.'

"River I need to talk to you. Right now." River gave me a concerned look and followed me into the hallway.

"What's wrong?" I handed him my phone and watched his face turned from concerned to pissed off in a matter of seconds.

"How does he know you were pregnant, and that your father is here?" I shrugged, and said "Craig knows everything."

-

-

-

Crying. That was all I ever heard. It was two thirty in the morning and Ezra was crying nonstop. I shook River because it was his turn to get up.

      "Get up!" I whisper yelled as he groaned and hid his head under the pillow. Fine, if he wants to play that way. I shoved him out of the bed and into the floor.

"Okay, okay. I'm up!" A couple minutes later the crying stopped and I heard River coming back to bed.

"He wants you." He handed me Ezra, who was trying to fit his fist in his mouth.

"Really? You're too lazy to change his diaper?" River nodded and got back in bed. I reluctantly carried Ezra to his nursery and laid him in his crib. His nursery was whale themed and I absolutely adored it. I quickly changed his disgusting diaper and rocked him back to sleep in the the rocker that was in the room. I sat in the chair for a while after Ezra had fallen asleep thinking about how grateful I was that Alex had received his healing power when he did.

I climbed back into bed and River pulled me to unclothed chest. The steady beats of his heart lulled me back to sleep.

It was about nine in the morning, when I woke up again. I decided that I would make breakfast for everyone before Alex and River had to go to training. First I went to get Ezra. I changed his diaper once again and brought him downstairs. I got his bottle ready and turned on the television while holding him and waiting for his bottle to be finished. I sat Ezra in his bouncy chair and went to prepare breakfast. 

About an hour later everyone had come downstairs and enjoyed the pancakes I made. River and Alex had both left soon after so Morgan and I were the only two home. She was currently on the couch messing with Ezra.

"C'mon let's go for a walk."

"Why?" Morgan groaned.

"Because you look like a beached whale just laying there."

"Well aren't you a lovely friend." I chuckled and shook my head no. I got Ezra's stroller and slipped on shoes.  We walked around the pack's town square and then back home, because Ezra was getting fussy. When we arrived back at the house River was pacing angrily in the living room.

"Where have you been?!" He yelled. I had never seen him this angry, but I wasn't afraid of him anymore.

"Morgan, will you take Ezra upstairs?" Morgan nodded and went up to the nursery.

"I went for a walk, am I not allowed to do that?" I questioned.

"Do you know how worried I was? You and Ezra were both gone,and I didn't think you were coming back!"

"River you know I would never leave you." I said as I walked to him.

"I know, it just scares me now that somebody is trying to harm you and Ezra."

"It'll be okay." I whispered. River nodded his head and gave me one of his bear hugs.

-

-

-

OKAY SO FIRST LET ME SCREAM CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEW OLYMPIAN FROM MY HOMETOWN! CONGRATS KATHLEEN BAKER!!!!! Okay sorry... My sister swam with her for a while so that was pretty cool seeing her win a race to go to the Olympics. Annnnnyyywwwayys, I updated! Yay! This chapter was just a filler, but I wanted to get this update out so... Here it is.

   Much Love and As Always Thank You So Much For Reading,

              xoxoswaldo

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN.