Three words. Eight letters.

Ellie's outfit above
DON'T HATE ON ME FOR BEING CHEESY OR FOR MOVING TO FAST OKAY I GET IT. JUST BREATHE.

The next morning I woke up and went into the bathroom, only to see my left eye slightly swollen, and my cheek painted with bruises. After a quick shower, I threw on a sweatshirt and leggings and went back into the bathroom. I applied concealer and brushed my hair, then put my sneakers on and went downstairs.
I decided I'd make Craig pancakes. As I heard his door open I, scurried into the pantry and shoved a granola bar in my pocket, hoping to eat it for lunch. Not wanting for him to criticize me I grabbed my phone and backpack and started my walk to school. I was about an hour early, so I plugged in my headphones and zoned out.
As I was jamming out, I felt a tap on my shoulder. After calming myself down after having a mini heart attack, I slowly turned and saw River.
"Jesus, are you trying to kill me?" He let out what sounded like a growl. I need to get this kid checked out, cause you shouldn't be able to do that.
"Why are you here so early?" He asked while sitting down across from me. I shrugged my shoulders, causing my hair to cover my face. River's hand reached out and moved my hair behind my ear, while simultaneously caressing my cheek. He sent shocks up my face, and I felt myself lean into his touch. I thought I felt a drizzle on my shoulder, but I wasn't positive until River wiped something wet off my cheek.
"Ellie?" River asked with a strained voice.
"Yeah?"
"What happened to your cheek?" He sounded angry now, which frightened me because he had the exact tone that Craig had. I knew he wanted an answer but I wasn't going to give him one, so I did the only thing that came to my mind. I grabbed my things and ran. Ran as fast and as hard as I could. I could hear him catching up to me but then I didn't hear anything it went silent, there were no more footsteps chasing me.
I took deep breathes filling my empty lungs. I sat on a nearby rock and just let out my emotions. I cried and for the first time in a long time, I could be my broken self. After about ten minutes of straight crying, I heard footsteps and I already knew who it was.
"River go away."
"No just let me say someth" I didn't let him finish his sentence as I cut him off.
"Why can't you leave me alone?!"
"Because I care about you! Don't you understand that! I care about you, Alex and Morgan do too. Not to mention Bella adores you. Do you know what I think about when I go to sleep," he paused giving an emphasis on what he was saying.
"I think about you. You know what I think about when I eat? You. I'm always thinkin' bout you. I don't know why but you're special." By the time he was done with his, rant and or speech I had tears brimming in my eyes. No one had cared about me, or at least expressed their love since my mom had died.
"Please don't cry.. please I can't handle it when girls cry.. please." That made me let out a small laugh because in front if I was this big guy begging and pleading with me not to cry.
I didn't say anything I just leaped and jumped into his arms. Which probably wasn't the best idea, because I hit my bruises and grit my teeth together, trying not to show any pain. River must have noticed because he asked me once again what happened.
I simply said, " I'll tell you later." He didn't look very happy but, nodded his head. As I sat in River's lap with my head on his shoulder, I whispered: " Thank you."
"For what?"
"Everything." With that, I sat contently in River's arms, and let the world continue around us, while I sat on cloud nine.