33

day one

Nate and I got dressed in shorts and nice shirts for a stroll around the small town. he tangled our fingers together and walked into the warm air. he whipped out his phone and took a picture of the beach to our left, labeling it day 1.

"where to first?" he asked, scanning our surroundings. I shrugged and started on a walk to our right, might as well start here. Nate nodded and walked with me.

we passed another motel, then came upon a group of shops. we stopped in each one, finding nothing worth buying. then we found a candy store. that I had to stop in. Nate and I together for gummy worms, some gummy sharks, and other various gummy candies.

we laughed together as we walked out, set on looking for something fun. we passed food and food galore, some abandoned buildings then we stopped upon a piercing and tattoo parlor. my tattoo has been good for over a week now. we waited three weeks to make the trip because of the fresh ink. he's a sweetheart.

"let's look in here. maybe they have some cool prints." I giggled and followed him in the black lighted room. my eyes adjusted and instantly, it became like a neon wonderland.

"welcome to pierce! y'all just lookin or interested?" Nate started looking but I went over to her side.

"what all do you guys do?" she smiled and reached under the counter to grab a small book.

"we do all sorts of piercings, tattoos, tattoo removal, and we sell body jewelry." I smiled and flipped through the book.

I had my belly pierced, and also many on my ears. but none on my face. maybe a nose piercing?

"baby." Nate said from the other side of the room. I smiled apologetically towards the lady and walked over to my boyfriend.

he had a paper in front of him that looked like a couple tattoo. it was just two King and Queen chess pieces in an 'x'. I slowly tilted my head up to look at him.

he turned to look down at me. "if anything we can talk about maybe doing it before we leave." I rubbed his arm slowly. he nodded and sat it down, then waved bye to the lady. we exited the shop and walked to a clothing store.

nothing really came about except two nice pairs of sunglasses we bought. now it was reaching noon and my stomach was growling.

"let's walk back towards hotel to eat, I'm hungry." Nates hand squeezed softly and turned us around. we found nothing that sounded good on the streets so we went to the hotel to look for something.

"let's check room service." so we rode the elevator to our floor and went to our door, going in and straight to the phone. he checked over the room service.

"they.. they have good food." we looked it over side by side and called in what we wanted, plus extras. for a variety. approximately 25 minutes wait time. I didn't mind.

i moved over to Nates undone bed and shed my shorts, then crawled onto the soft blankets. Nate gave me a glare. "shorts are uncomfortable for laying down!" Nate laughed and climbed in beside me.

"can I ask you something?" I asked, taking his big body in my arms. he rested his head on my chest and had arms around my torso. his head nodded up and down.

"what caused this spontaneous trip? I am not complaining but it was just out of the blue." his broad shoulders shrugged and he hugged me tighter.

"I don't know. I just needed a vacation." at that I nodded and rested with him in the bed until room service interrupted. Nate groaned and dragged himself to get it. I jumped up excitedly and watched him. he took the roller tray and shut the door, rolling out food to us.

"okay here are the onion rings and ranch, plus your bacon hamburger." I smiled and leaned forward, grabbing the onion rings first. I love onion rings.

I sat back against the wall, Nate rested against the head board and ate with me. he has his eyes glued to his phone, probably catching up. I don't blame him, he was a popular guy.

he was watching some peoples snapchat stories, and also in a group chat with me Sammy, Skeez, and that Jswazzy kid. never once heard his real name and I am too scared to stalk his social media. Skeez real name is Sam, which is why they mostly call him Skeez.

they all talked me through it in the first five minutes. I'm calling Jswazzy Charles, yeah that's a catchier name than whatever that is. anyways, Charles was laughing at me like I was a blonde. it was kinda funny I'll have to admit, but it's also sorta embarrassing. in that slightest way.

"Sammy tattooed Sams ass." he said with a laugh, turning his phone my way so I could watch his snapchat. I giggled and leaned back to where I was.

we ate in silence the rest of the fifteen minutes, then got up to throw our trash away. he stopped me in the middle of the floor on our way back. his arms wrapped around my back and he lowered his head closer to mine.

"wanna take a trip to the beach? we can explore more tomorrow." his fingertips lightly traced up my sides, then down my back.

"I like beaches."