30

Let me see the dark sides as well as the bright

I'm gonna love you inside out

--

tattoos.

I pulled up to the tattoo parlor, shoving my phone in my back pocket. my heels clicked the floor, my appointment was right before Sammy and I's lunch 'date'.

the place smelled strongly of ink, but it was surprisingly not that packed. before I checked in, I strolled through the big canvases of designs. my research was done and the one I wanted was in my back pocket, but i just wanted to look.

it was three roses on the inside of my forearm. the lady called me up and signed me in. she happened to be one of the artists so I showed her my design and she waved me back. she said mine needed some shading, she would take care of it.

I smiled. "thank you." she nodded and started prepping her things.

"sit down." her voice was soft so it wasn't a harsh demand. I followed and sat my arm up on the rest. my phone was in my lap while my hand clutched it. I wasn't nervous.

she rubbed the space around where the tattoo was going to be with a disinfectant. then put the design on my skin and pulled it away slowly.

then she got to working.

--

"oh my god you have to let me see it!" I smiled at the excited Sammy across from me. a chuckle exited my lips and I lifted my arm onto the cafe table.

it was visible through the clear wrap around it. plus the tape. he gasped and smiled.

"al I'm getting one just like that! damn you really are my twin." he chuckled and took a drink of his coffee. he glanced down at his watch.

"you said it took three hours? that means we've been in this place for four!" we glanced out the curtains and saw the sun setting. I let out a laugh and got up with my chocolate chip frappe. I tossed down a fifty and led Sammy out to the parking lot.

"alright Wilkinson." I said, looking up at him.

"I'll see ya later, partner. breakfast tomorrow? I'll bring over a waffle iron?" that really made me laugh. I nodded and stepped into my car, waving as I pulled away.

my phone buzzed at a stoplight.

where are you?? it was Nate.

I'm on my way to my house.

ok well, can I come over? I had a bad day.

yes baby.

then it was just me and the music the rest of the ten minutes. I pulled into my driveway and no one was here yet. my vehicle locked behind me as my feet moved me up to the front door.

it swung open and then my foot kicked it shut. I found my way to my room and I immediately scrambled for different clothes. Nike shorts and a tshirt covered my body and then so did a big blanket that I dragged down to my couch.

then Nate walked in as I was grabbing some gummy worms from the fridge. (they're good cold!)

"hey beautiful." he tossed his keys on the kitchen table and walked over to me.

"hi baby." he took me in his arms and gave me a long hug, resting his cheek on my head. "come lay down with me." I mumbled, wrapped my arms around him. he nodded and we walked over there.

me and my gummy worms faced Family Guy on the tv while Nate laid behind me. minutes later he sat up on his knees.

his strong arms pulled the footstool over and then slid so I was on my back. then he crawled in between my legs, placed one hand on my right breast and then laid his head down on my stomach. I chuckled and moved my gummy worms to rest against my thigh.

about ten minutes later he shifted and moved his hand to go under my shirt, and bra, to actually grab my boob. no protest came from me. I simply kept eating and watching, my left hand running through his long locks.

"I love you." he mumbled against my tummy. a blush came on and I smiled.

"I love you too."