Chapter.16.A Male and His Female.<3

Start from the beginning

This is just the calm before the storm.

Josh and I waltz hand in hand back into the pack house while Eric tells stories of his little girl who is now 4 years old and he's more than obsessed with her. Another loving father doting on his pride and joy, his daughter. Jealousy courses through my veins and I try to fight the ugly green monster. It isn't anyone's fault that my father crawled out of the depths of hell just so he can make lives miserable and unlivable. I can feel my mate trying to probe into my mind to figure out why I'm jealous and saddened at the same time, but I don't let him in. I know images will start flashing through our link and I don't want him to see anything.

Either way, I think he knew as he casually changed the topic of conversation. "How's Rachel?"

I link him a polite 'thank you' and close myself off before he asks anything. "She's great. As soon as she heard about your mate she had to come see for herself." An eerie silence fell in between us, slight tension from the new male I encountered. What could have caused this? I realized that we had stopped moving, "Father informed me on the situation regarding your mate, brother."

"So you are aware no one is to know of my mate's identity?"

He courteously nods and gives me a silent promise with the intensity of his gaze. "Alpha Thomas just left our land for treaty negotiations." The goofy aura that surrounded him moments ago when he talked about being a horse for his daughter completely disappeared. The urge to ask if Thomas was mated or not never escaped my tongue, he answered before I could utter a syllable. "Still unmated. He says he's got someone in mind. But unfortunately no second-chance mate."

"If they couldn't find me after almost 7 years, why are they still trying?" Murmuring to myself, I didn't expect to say that out loud let alone have Eric and Josh hear it.

Both men laugh and I want more than anything to slap them both silly. "Baby girl, you saw how stubborn I was with you. And I'm not as stubborn as others. Alpha's don't get told no."

Wow, he just set himself up for this. "So you're saying Alpha's get what they want?" He nods along with his brother. "So Alpha Thomas is going to get me?"

"NO!" He growls and pulls me into his body. I cover up a moan with a forced laugh. "You are mine Maya!" His lips brush against the lobes of my ear and my knees buckle underneath me at the warm sparks. This mate business is serious stuff. "Or do I need to take you to the bedroom to show you that?"

I smirk and try to pull myself away from him, I want to be fully mated before the induction so there's nothing really those men can do. I can't be marked by someone else without practically dying myself after the mating process is complete. Not practically, being an Alpha wolf and obviously dramatic I would die. My wolf would slowly deteriorate and take me down with her now that we've been with our mate. The thought of being without my mate, without my Josh makes my wolf roll on her back and whimper.

I console her by saying that this is pure hypothetical and that mate is here and loves us. "Either way Maya, I brought a few extra warriors with me during this visit. Not enough to attract attention obviously but Rachel thinks it is for her travel. I got an earful about how she 'can take care of herself' the entire drive down here. So you are welcome bro."

A firm handshake shows all the respect these two have for one another. Loving brothers, strong Alpha's. I'm proud to be part of this family. "Thank you brother. Come, Rachel can meet Maya. Breakfast is served."

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

Eyes burning on the back of my head make my wolf's hair stand on edge as we watch Josh make our plate of food. Eyes trailing from the top of my head down my spine. 'Someone's watching us' Amber warns and begins to pace in her cage. We're in the pack house for breakfast where a good portion of the wolves come every morning. Sitting to the left of Josh who sits at the head of the table I nonchalantly search the room. Considering there are a lot of people it could be nothing, but I won't lightly dismiss it.