"I'm Really Lazy"

The term "Being lazy" is severely overused. Now I know that a lot of you are... actually lazy but that's besides the point. If you truly feel in your heart and soul or lack-of-soul that you want to complete a book or story that is somewhat decently written with an original storyline or fanfiction, whatever it may be, than you cannot be lazy. And if you are, then at least not make it obvious. Like, don't put a time skip that says something along the lines of "Time Skip Because I'm lazy" because that's not old already.

Yes time skips are used fairly often and they are pretty efficient. But if you have too many of them at one time, they become really annoying and unnecessary. Which is what a lot of younger and new writers tend to do from what I've noticed. Using time skips to skip important events that some people rather enjoy reading like going on dates, playing games at a carnival or arcade, and or some classes. Honestly, if you choose to use a time skip on something that is relevant to push the story forward, confusion will surface and things won't turn out the way you planned because your readers don't know what's going to happen.

So please, next time you say "I'm lazy" make sure you mean it. And for god's sake don't do time skips just because you're lazy. Unless the scene you're skipping had nothing to do with forwarding the plot, do not skip it. That way, your readers won't be confused and frustrated with you. They'll instead cheer you on and ask for more. Which is so much better than them asking for more details and or being unsatisfied by the work you gave to them to read and enjoy.

Before you go, I want you to write out a single scene you have in your head. And try to explain this scene without being "lazy." Also grab some punch. I have plenty.