Chapter 44: Consequences

Start from the beginning

"Hey sweetie." he greeted me. I smiled at the sound of his voice. I took a deep breath. 

"Hey honey, I was just calling to inform you about a sudden change of plans." I started off. 

"Oh? What's going on?" he asked in his casual voice. He had no idea what was really happening behind the curtain. I laughed in a nervous tone and shook my head. 

"I'm leaving the state. Before you talk let me explain. I have to go, I took Jerome and Catherine with me. We've be back in a couple days and Mason and Benji are watching Nate and David so don't worry, I have everything figured out." I rushed. He was silent for a second or two before I heard him breathe on the other line. 

"Where are you going?" he asked in a serious tone. 

"Cali." I replied. I figured if I just replied with short answers he won't get as mad. 

"Why?" he asked. My heart ached at that question. 

"I can't tell you, but I will when I get back. I got to go, the plane is about to take off, I'll talk to you soon babe." I tried to wrap up the conversation. 

"Wait, Kelly." he tried. 

"Bye sweetie, I love you." I said then hung up before he got a chance to say anything else. With that I turned my phone off so that he wouldn't be able to call me back and took my seat. I sat alone with only my thoughts to keep me company. 

Benji's P.O.V

"What are we going to do, about the baby?" Julian asked me as I was passing back and forth in front of him sitting on the couch. Amanda was pregnant, but we didn't know who the baby's father was, Mason or I. 

"I'm not sure. She got a paternity test done and it came back inconclusive. They said we wouldn't be able to know until the baby's born." I said. I thought about all the possible outcomes, and how mom and dad had no idea she was even pregnant. The plan was for her to get pregnant and then tell my parents together, I never thought Mason would sleep with her. "As far as we know, the baby's mine. We just wait until we have to tell my parents, maybe when she's four months?" I said. He looked unsure, so I sat down next to him. 

"How do you think your parents are going to react when we tell them the truth, about the baby I mean? Not the fact that she's pregnant, but why we wanted her to get pregnant in the first place?" he asked when there was a knock on the door. I got up and answered the door, to find a Rachael smiling with a wicked grin. I had no patience to deal with her right now. Her wavy brunette hair was partially wet, but it didn't look like she got it wet with water, her hair looked almost sticky. 

"Mason's not here." I said then proceeded to close the door. She stuck her foot in the door and opened it back up. 

"I didn't come to see Mason. I came to see you, Benji." she hissed my name. I withheld the urge to throw up. 

"And what business could you have with me?" I asked sarcastically. She smiled and looked inside the door and back at me. 

"Someone's in a bad mood, having a disagreement with Julian?" she asked with a smirk. I rolled my eyes. 

"That's none of your business, now leave." I said in a serious tone. I turned to close the door when the smile on her face got bigger. 

"I have some information that you'll want to know." she offered. 

"Not interested." I said. I was a second away from closing the door when her facial expressions changed. 

"It's about Amanda." she said in a sweet an innocent voice. I froze automatically and my eyes widen with surprise. She chuckled a little. "So it is true, you don't know who the father is." she laughed a little. I turned back around and closed the door as I stepped outside. 

"What do you want?" I asked now nervous and curious. She smiled. 

"I want you to know, that I didn't do it to hurt you, I did it, to hurt Mason." she said. My heart began to pump harder, and my breathing got heavier. 

"What did you do?" I asked, now afraid. She looked to the side and back at me. 

"I told Mason that if he tried to break things off with me, or tried to get back with Emma, there would be consequences. But he didn't believe me. So this is his, punishment." she said. I heard every word she said, but I was still confused. 

"What does this have to do with Amanda?" I asked, fearing the worst. 

"We'll I had to hurt someone, to prove my point to Mason, and she was such an easy target, I couldn't help myself." she said with a smile playing on her lips. My rage took over as I pushed her against the house with all my force. 

"What did you do with Amanda?!" I yelled now afraid for her safety. I was expecting her to get mad, but she just started to laugh like a maniac. 

"This is exciting, both the King twins are rough. Do you get this rough with Julian in the bedroom as well?" she taunted me. I was just about to punch her face in when the door opened and Julian stepped out. I froze and let Rachael go. 

"Benji, what's going on?" Julian asked in a worried voice. Rachael smiled and moved away from me. 

"You might want to go check on her and see for yourself Benji. And would you please pass the message along to Mason for me?" she asked acting all innocent again. 

"What message?" I asked in anger. She giggled like a little two year old. 

"About him not taking me seriously of course." and with that, she skipped away like she was a little kid. Leaving Julian and I, to figure out what to do next.