Chapter 74

We sat at the table and made small talk and I could sense Harry was trying to be calm. Something was definitely on his mind. I still had half a glass of wine in front of me and a bottle of water next to it.

"Em, it's time to start getting ready for the show. I know you need to get your makeup and hair just right so off with you" Matty said as he pulled me off the chair and turned me towards the dressing rooms. "Don't forget to put the rhinestones around your eyes. You always look so cool with those things" he told me.

"Geez you are bossy. Linda! How the hell do you put up with this?" I yelled at her while I went backstage.

"Just go with it Em, it's easier. I don't sweat the battles – I won the war!" she shouted back at me.

"Uh, is it okay if I go back with her?" Harry asked standing up from the table. He looked at the guys wondering if they were trying to get me away from him so they could interrogate him.

"Sure, just don't keep her from getting ready okay mate? She really gets into the look when she goes on stage and it takes her a bit of time." Matty said to him. "Let her get ready, you can do the nasty after" he laughed as he slapped Harry on the back and pointed him to the direction of the dressing rooms.

"Uh, I think I'll wait until we get back to the loft" Harry said with a smirk on his face. "Not that the thought didn't cross my mind but I think she needs all her energy for the show" he said as he began to walk off to find me.

"Hey Harry?" Colin questioned him.

"Yeah Colin."

"Is Emily alright? I mean she's lost more weight. She had lost weight in the last few months but she's definitely lost more since she's been in the City of Angels" he said with some concern.

"Yeah, I noticed that too" Matty said. "I was going to ask her about it but I know how sensitive she is about it and she would have probably kicked me had I said a word."

"Yes, yes she did. I think the stress of the paparazzi and the fans along with keeping up with me and doing her job got to her. I feel bad guys but she's really trying to gain it back, I promise." He said with a tone of guilt in his voice and on his face. He looked at everyone at the table staring at him and noticed they had no look of insinuation to their faces.

Linda looked at him and could see the guilt in his eyes. "Harry, no one here is blaming you. She lost a lot of weight and got fit. We know how she flutters from one place to another and is always up and perky. She forgets to eat, she says she'll eat later and then 5 hours later she still hasn't. It isn't just around you. I think that asshole she used to go out with did a number on her and even though she'll never admit it, it is still part of what seeps into the back of her head" she said with anger to her voice.

"Her ex – she's only mentioned him once and she didn't want to really discuss it. I take it you guys weren't fans?"

"Well she started giving their relationship a lot of thought and knew it was coming to an end. We have known Emily over three years and she introduced us after they'd been going out for a couple months, but he wasn't very happy about us trying to get her to sing. He was extremely possessive and jealous. It was really bad. He would do everything in his power to belittle her or make her doubt herself. She started to lose the weight for herself and he was sure it was about another guy. He was mentally abusive to her. Luckily she distanced herself before it got to a really bad place. I mean it was bad anyhow but we could see him going downhill quickly." Matty explained.

"He was using drugs I think she said" Harry said trying to recall the conversation.

"Yeah, he was doing pharmaceuticals but then he started looking for other things on the street. That was when she had enough and moved out. He was on a bender and she called us and some friends and we got her the hell out of there. Best thing she ever did." Colin recalled. "We all wanted to kick his ass but she wouldn't let us, said she didn't want to start anything that would cause him to retaliate or come looking for her. Not even sure where the asshole his now. I think he went to Arizona or something. He was always bitching and moaning about the rain here."