Chapter 64

The plane finally stopped after getting to a spot on the tarmac away from the crowded airfield. I looked outside and noticed the sun was actually shining having broken through the usual clouds this time of year. I was glad that Harry would experience some somewhat nice weather after being in sunny California for so long.

I unbuckled my seatbelt as Harry had already done. We both walked to the cabinet where our belongings were stowed. I thought of the bottle of pills I brought for my friend in San Francisco that I'd be seeing on my return trip and felt a tinge of sadness and guilt for having put Harry through the thought I was possibly pregnant. I took a deep breath remembering the sheer look of happiness when he asked me if I was pregnant and the utter disappointment when I told him no.

"Baby, are you okay?" Harry asked noticing the deep breath and the change in my facial expression.

"Uh, yeah – just thinking where the car is parked, traffic, getting to my loft and wondering what condition I left it in" I said convincingly. Truth be told I was a bit concerned as I had been gone longer than anticipated. My plants must surely be dead and even though I was meticulous in how my loft was, I left thinking I'd be gone just a little over a week and it was nearing a month now. Thankfully I knew bills were paid as I had them taken care of at least six months in advance. Something I had learned to do with all the travelling I was required to do and not wanting to forget anything.

"I'm sure it's fine, babe. Stop worrying. I can't wait to see your place and Portland. You said something about Salt and Straw as I recall?" he smiled at me.

"Yes I did. We have two different stores here, but I'm taking you to the original store where Tyler and Kim usually are working" I said excitedly. I loved Salt and Straw. I tried to limit my intake here as it was deadly. There is ice cream and then there is Salt and Straw. It is so above what ice cream should be that once you have indulged, regular ice cream will never taste the same.

"You know the owners?" he asked me.

"Yes, Mr. Smarty Pants, I know the owners. I frequent the place enough that they know me on site. I'll make sure I introduce you to them. They'll be happy to hear you enjoy the Los Angeles store." I said placing a slow and tender kiss on his lips as we began to walk towards the door. Jerry had just walked out of the cockpit as we slowly pulled away from each other.

"Yeah, yeah you two, good God! Here's the DVD. My going away present to you and congratulations Harry; many a man has attempted to initiate this girl but she has never ever accepted." He said and then immediately regretted the words.

"Jerry!" I yelled. I was absolutely mortified. My jaw dropped and my eyes glared at him with looks that could kill. The last thing I wanted Harry to think of on this jet was that I rescued him in it and he initiated me into the Mile High Club. The thought of other men trying to lure me into the notorious club was not one of them.

"I'm sorry but it just slipped. You know it's true. Harry, I swear to God, she never..." he began to stammer

"Jerry, it's okay; Emily is a beautiful woman and I know other men have wanted to be with her. The only thing that matters is I am the only one she wants and I am the one who initiated her." Harry said very calmly as he pulled me towards him. He kissed my hair and whispered to me "You will always be my heroine who saved me, baby and that's the truth."

I turned to him and smiled as I leaned up to kiss him. "I do love you, Harry."

"I know you do baby. I love you too" he smiled as we kissed.

"Alright, I've now removed the foot from my mouth and am telling you both to have fun in Portland. Em, I'll see you at the office later, right? It's happening today?" he questioned me.