Chapter 30

First stop, Rancho Cucamonga.  I have a material supplier here who does some amazing things for us.  Gerene and I have worked together for quite a few years and we email a lot.  We have a lot in common having worked in aerospace for so long.  We know a lot about each other.  I know all about her kids, grandkids.....she knows about my life in Portland.  She's actually been to my facility and we've had fun running around Portland.

Thinking about Portland, I got a little homesick and wish I could go to Bartini on Glisan.  More than anything, I wanted to share it with Harry.  I know he'd love the atmosphere.  I let out a sigh.  Would I ever see him after this week was over?  Would he want to keep in contact with me?  I know he tells me he wants me around and how much I mean to him, but he knows so many people and so many people enter into his life on a daily basis.  Maybe I'm just passing through.  I felt a tear well up in my eye and fall down my cheek. 

Snap out of it Emily I told myself.  Get busy and do your job.  That is why you are here.

First stop – Advanced Materials.

I arrived at the company by 8am and sat down with management and Gerene.  They hate catered a breakfast in, luckily with fruit and juice and coffee.  I didn't stop for my cappuccino this morning as I thought I should lay off the caramel for a while.  I chose fruit and some coffee and water with half a croissant.  Yes, I am definitely going to be working out when I return to Harry's tonight.

We had just finished up our meeting in the conference room when I received a text on my phone. 

"Excuse me, Gerene.  I'll just walk outside and take this and see what's going on.  It might be Mike trying to reach me.  They probably need me to get something on order to be shipped out immediately!" I laughed.  That was always the thing....last minute AOG's (Aircraft on Ground) caused us to really depend on our partner companies.

I walked outside the conference room and looked down at my phone.

Hazza.    Hi baby. How is your meeting? X

Emily:    Hey babe. Good. E

Hazza:    First one down? X

Emily:    Almost. E

Hazza:    Well hurry that sexy ass of yours will you. X

Emily:    Yabo!  E

Hazza:       I miss you. X

Emily:    I've only been gone about 4 hours. E

Hazza:    Yeah but I want to hug and kiss you.  X

Emily:    I miss you too.  E

Hazza:    You looked very sexy in your business attire. X

Emily:    Thank you. E

Hazza:    Maybe we can play suit and tie when you get home tonight. X

Emily:    Yabo????  E

Hazza:    We need to use the scarves again  x

Emily:    I have to go.  Later babe. E

Hazza:    Oh baby, I'm horny.  X

Emily:    Meeting.  Take care of yourself!   E

I turned my phone off.  I couldn't concentrate if I knew he was horny and wanted to play with those scarves.  Damn it.....I needed a bathroom now in the worst way.

After finishing with Advanced Materials, I drove to Monterey Park to meet with Elsa at Blue Horizon Incorporated. 

This trip wasn't going to be as much fun.  Elsa had been demoted and wasn't happy about it.  I wasn't particularly pleased with her replacement and the delivery and quality of product coming from them wasn't good.  I was going to be meeting up with another one of my colleagues from the Quality Department.  Jeff McVeigh. Jeff was a good guy, tall, blonde, handsome but he had a temper if you weren't on his good side.  He looked like he could be a Boy Scout leader but when he got angry he could make a sailor blush.   Of course, say the wrong thing to Jeff and you could turn him 5 shades of red.   The trick was to keep him as happy, cheerful and focused as possible.  I didn't want him scaring our supplier.  We need them, we just need them to improve or else there is another company that will take their place.