Chapter 50

Once we had showered and dressed, we grabbed our phones and went downstairs. I still had not turned my phone on and still had no desire to but knew it was inevitable.

Harry looked at me and furrowed his brows. He could see I was a bit tormented by what I was going to be opening myself to; messages, email, Tweets, texts...things I know he wanted to save me from but knew I had to deal with for myself.

"It's okay baby – everything is okay." He murmured into my ear.

"I know babe. I resigned myself to that yesterday. It's just as much as I want to see what is here I know I am going to see how many messages, emails, texts and tweets are coming at me and I'm going to feel very overwhelmed. One thing at a time, yeah?" I said looking at him with hope.

"One thing at a time, baby but why don't you wait until we get back from breakfast. You've spoken to your friend you know she's coming in for the show tonight, right?" he asked.

"Yeah, but I have no idea what time and I'll need to get a car to pick her up or pick her up myself, so I have to turn on the phone." I resigned.

"Oh yeah – that would probably be the best thing to do." He said looking back at me sympathetically. "I wish I could answer all your texts and emails for you love. Hey – that's it. Get the computer I'll answer your emails!" he laughed.

"Oh no you don't Harry, stay away from my computer! I'll take care of it myself thank you very much." I said laughing. Harry always knew how to get me smiling in no time flat.

I pressed the button on my phone and switched it on knowing it was charged 100%. Once it powered up I turned on the notifications in my settings and everything went off at once. I rolled my eyes and sighed. This was going to be interesting.

"Come on love, I'm driving. You start listening and get what you need done. Here's a note pad and pen. Let's head down the hill and eat breakfast. You can fill me in on what's going on." He said as he handed me the pad and pen and then grabbed my hand. I smiled at him and took a few steps to stand directly in front of him.

"I love you, Harry. Thank you for being so supportive." I said kissing him tenderly on his lips.

We kissed gently and lingering for a minute or two and pulled apart.

"I love you, Emily. I will always be here by your side to protect and love you" he said looking down into my eyes.

We walked out the door and I saw him head for his white Mercedes. Beautiful car with the top off on a gorgeous sunny California morning – yeah, this is the way to start the day.

"So where are we going, babe?" I asked him as I clicked my seatbelt around me and put on my sunglasses. I was going to put my hair up for the drive but then realized I wanted it blowing in the wind – I wanted to feel free and happy, sitting next to Harry, the love of my life. I smiled and just clicked on texts to see who had been trying to reach me.

"I was thinking of heading to le Pain Quotidien. It's over on Larchmont. I don't believe I've taken you there and they have some amazing breads and organic food on the menu. Really good, I think you'll enjoy." He answered as he flipped his shades on this head and tied his hair in a bun. He looked so handsome I just smiled at him.

"What? Something wrong?" he asked.

"No, love – everything is right. I just love sitting here next to you and watch you put your hair up in the bun so quickly." I admitted with a slight blush rising to my cheeks as I bit my lower lip and lowered my eyes.

"You are so amazingly sweet and coy one minute and turn into a temptress the next. What the hell am I going to do with you baby?" he gasped as he leaned over and took my face into his hands and kissed me passionately.