Chapter 44

Harry's POV:

I watched her as she sashayed up the stairs. She was totally amazing. How much she had rejuvenated in that 2 day period sleeping after getting the shots in the ER and not worrying about anything else. I watched that beautiful woman walk away after letting me know my past meant nothing to her. She just accepted me for who I was. No preconceived notions, no judgements, no expectations. She called me on my bullshit, wasn't afraid to play with me and put me through hell with a rollercoaster of emotions.

Louis poked me in the side bringing me back to the real world.

"Hey mate – you done ogling your girl and ready to get the creative juices flowing?" Louis asked.

"Uh yeah, yeah. Come on, we'll go into the music room. Everything is set up. Hey Lou?" I asked.

"Yeah mate."

"She is exceptional isn't she?"

"Yes, she is one of a kind, mate. But what's with the question? You know this – why you asking me. You know how you feel, right?"

"Yeah – but she always surprises me, Lou. I mean we were lying in bed, she was just so fucking beautiful and I wanted to take her so bad. But I remembered what I did to her and how delicate she really is. I managed to get up and do the right thing and was making breakfast when she comes down wearing my white shirt and boxers, no makeup and those fucking librarian glasses and I almost went crazy." I explained.

"Okay, but what do you mean what you did to her? What did you do?" Louis questioned me.

"Oh yeah, you didn't hear the whole story." I sighed and relayed the entire ER story. The bruising she experienced. I even told him how they came to be.

I looked at Louis and he just looked back at me, no judgement or look of surprise.

"Well, I can't say I'm too surprised. You are strong and she is small and with what we heard the night we did karaoke ..." he broke off and smiled.

"Lou!" I grunted at him.

"What? You can't forget that sort of thing Hazza. Jesus you guys were going hot and heavy. I'm sorry go on, then what." Louis asked. He was always a good listener even if part of it was voyeuristic no doubt.

"Well, then I started cooking, we started talking and soon enough she was sitting on the counter and we were bantering back and forth. I discovered more about her I didn't know – the Twitter thing, when she actually realized I even existed which wasn't until 2014. Can you believe it? 2014? I mean I wasn't a kid anymore and we weren't quite the joke everyone thought we were when we first started." He said.

"Really? She didn't know or follow us until 2014? What song?" he queried.

"Night Changes." He responded.

"Ah...SNL?" he asked.

"No, the AMA's – November, 2014. She said she heard we were going to be on and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. She knew we were a joke to a lot of people." I said with a little bit of pain.

I always hated hearing that we were a joke. We always were serious about the music. By the album Four I knew we were capable of more and we were actually allowed to spread our wings. We were all beginning to write more and share with each other and pressed the record company and management to let us record our stuff.

"Yeah, yeah so go on." Louis coaxed me.

"Well, she said she saw Zayn and liked his hair but that he seemed conceited." I chuckled and Louis started laughing. Zayn was still our friend and would have a special place in our hearts but he wasn't really conceited. He was just shy and the attention we were getting was starting to wear on him by then.