Coffee with Stevie

Shannon's POV
"Maybe I should just talk to Jake?" I say staring at him sitting in his car.

"I don't know?" Ness says looking in his direction.

"I know how much of an asshole he is, but beating up a girl?" I say to Ness, picturing Cammie getting kicked to the grown. I feel sick to the stomach at the slightest thought about it.

"Shannon, he's been aggressive too you. I've seen it. The only reason you care about him is either because you still have feelings for him, or out of pity. I would like to think it was out of pity..." Ness says, making me doubt my feelings towards Cammie.

"Heck no! I love Cammie! I just... I don't know. Spending so much time with him, I can say I still kinda care about him. I know a lot about him." I say still staring at him while he sits in his car obliviously.

"I'm gonna go confront him." I say walking fast towards his car.

"What?! Shannon wait!" Ness yells trailing in fast behind me.

"He wouldn't hurt me, even if it is true!" I say walking fast in front of Ness. Ness grabs my shoulder turning me to her.

"Shannon you don't know that! He's changed." She's says, trying change my mind.

"I can't! I have to know what happened... for Cammie's sake." I tell her and make it to his car door. I knock on his window instructing him to wind it down.

"Hello?" He frowns at me.

"Can we talk?" I ask angrily.

"Hop in." He rolls his eyes at me as he winds up his window.

"What do you want Shannon?" He says angrily.

"Did you and your piece of shit friends jump Cammie?" I say, getting straight to the point.

"Maybe we did, maybe we didn't." Jake says, still not answering my question.

"Jake, for fuck sake! It's a simple question!" I yell at him.

"Let's just say I may, or may not of been involved." He says, looking out the window.

"Please Jake, just tell me. I'm not gonna tell anyone." I lie through my teeth.

"Look, I was paid okay. I was threatened to do it and I did." Jake confesses, looking ashamed about it.

"What so, you knocked her out and blindly attacked her for money. Why didn't you go to someone?" I say. Ness looks at me worried and waits outside my door.

"Shannon this person was gonna tell my parents everything!" Jake almost yells.

"Who told you to do this?" I continue.

"I don't know. I just got these texts coming through. I'm sorry Shannon, I needed the cash to get out of here, and didn't even think about going to the police. By the sound of it, this person knows what they are doing." He says keeping me from trouble.

"You should probably leave." He says, unable to look at me anymore.

"Fine!" I say, slamming the door slightly before he skids off quickly.

"You okay?" Ness asks.

"No I'm not, because it was fucking him." I say, pacing back and forward.

"Shannon, you can't confirm this to Cammie just yet." Ness says.

"What do you mean?! I have to! He was instructed by someone to do this to her. It's not him we need to worry about." I explain to Ness.

"Okay, okay. Do you think we could talk to someone?" Ness suggests.