Only Fools Fall for You

Shannon's POV
I make my way to Cammie's house and park outside. No sign of her Moms car, but Cammie's car is parked across the street. I hope to hell she's home alone.

I squint my eyes looking down the street, barely noticing Taylor's car is parked down the road. 'Of course she's here.' Chest pains hit me hard but I channel it into angry.

I get out of the car and slam my door with angry. I would rather be angry than sad crying in a corner. I'm over Taylor being here. I'm not giving up on her.

I knock on the door and try to pep through the windows but there's no sign of life. 'She probably resting in bed with Taylor.' I feel my body full with angry at the thought of them in bed together.

The door swings open but it's not the person I long to see. Taylor stands holding the door, shocked by my arrival.

"Shannon?" She says surprised.

"What are you doing here?" I ask without any form of greeting.

"Checking on Cammie, same as you, I take it?" She half asks still not inviting me in.

"Yeah, where is she?" I quickly ask, eager to see her.

"Upstairs." She says, I shimmy past her and head upstairs to Cammie's room.

As I swing open the door I notice Cammie lying on her bed with her Macbook in front of her. She wears warm clothes, black fat jeans, a wooly blue jersey and slippers to cover her feet. Her room is half dark with her curtain pulled half way across her window.

"Shannon!" She says also surprised at my arrival. I watch as her eyes trail to Taylor standing behind me.

"I can come back, if it's a bad time." I say noticing she's been watching movies with Taylor.

"No! Please stay." Cammie practically begs. "Taylor can I please talk to Shannon real quick." Cammie says, and I watch as Taylor closes the door behind her. 'That's nice, I guess this will be a real quick conversation. Knowing Taylor she's probably standing behind the door and listening in.'

"Did you not get my text?" I interrogate her.

"What no? My phone has been on loud. I've been waiting for you to text since you left me at the hospital." Cammie says grabbing her phone.

"Well I texted you and haven't heard from you." I say and watch as she studies her phone. Cammie frowns at her phone switching it back off silent, buzzing in her hand.

"I swear to god it was on." Cammie says moving the laptop from her lap. She reads the text and smiles at my words.

"So what does this mean? Can we move past this?" She says getting up to head towards me.

"Well I don't know anymore." I step back at the thought of Taylor begin here. "What is she doing here?" I quickly question her.

"She was just checking to see how I was." Cammie says rolling her eyes at me.

"Yeah! To see the damage she caused you." I say rolling my eyes back at her.

"Shannon! She didn't do this." Cammie says angrily.

"Until we find out who did this to you I don't trust her." I say opening her door. Taylor sits on the end of the stairs trying to listen into our conversation like I predicted.