Soccer Skills

Shannon's POV
I heard the faint sound of the bell from the empty field. I ditched class early to set out some simple drills for her to learn and kick round a ball to waste time. I look up for a second only to see her walking in my direction. I continue dribbling the ball around some cones to distract myself from her.

I can feel the butterflies again and I bite my inner lip, angry for feeling these feelings. 'What is it about her?' I ask myself staring down at the soccer ball between my feet. I smile thinking of the movie Castaway and how he literally went mad talking to Wilson the volleyball expecting answers. 'I need serious help...' I laugh out to myself.

"What are you laughing about?" Cammie says without even realising she was there.

"Oh umm nothing." I barely look at her worrying about the butterflies inside me appearing again.

"You got here quick." She says studying the cones set out on the field.

"Yeah, I skipped class to set this up for you. I had biology last so what better time to leave." I smile at her and she laughs.

"Couldn't agree more." I watch as she pulls a hair tie from her wrist and ties her long blonde hair into a simple pony tail. "So what tips and tricks did you wanna teach me?" She grabs the ball with her hands from my feet and walks onto the field towards the cones laid out in a long line.

"Well first no hands." I say, snatching the ball back from Cammie and dropping it to my feet.

"Oh sorry, I'll keep that in mind for next time." She smirks kicking the ball off me and dribbling the rest of the way to the start of the cone.

I run after her and fix the cones in a perfect straight line and stand at the opposite end to Cammie. "Ok so all you have to do is weave in and out of the cones. Think you can do that?" I say staring at her ready to go.

"Ok that's easy." She says already starting before she finished what she was saying. She travelled slowly in and out of the cones, watching her feet cutely as if she was a younger player. She weaved closer and closer and looked up at me and back down at the final cone and kicked too far ahead of herself.

"Whoops. I thought I was going to run into you at the end there. I couldn't see where I was going and I'm gonna blame you for that." She smiles trying to catch her breath.

"Sorry for distracting you." I smirk. "Your actually not that bad. Just next time try not looking at your feet so much. Then maybe you can see where you are going and that way you won't run into me." I laugh running after the ball. "Let's try tackling. All you have to do is get the ball from my feet."

"Okay, but considering I'm new to this please go easy." She squints her eyes almost begging.

"Sure. Okay come get me." I take off lazily to the other end of the muddy field towards the goal. Cammie sprints up beside me reaching her foot in front of me. Our shoulder touch side by side and she leans into me. I trip to to ground landing on my back clipping Cammies leg with my boot on my fall down. Cammie falls hard on top of me inches away from my from my face. She doesn't move away and I stare into her dark green eyes. "That kinda hurt." I whisper.

"I am so sorry. I told you I wasn't very good." She awkwardly says as she props herself up off me and holds out her hand. "Now who's the one falling over." She smirks and she pulls me up.

We stand inches apart and I couldn't help but study her blushed pink cheeks. Butterflies hit me from the inside out and I turned away quickly for the ball. I turn back to look at Cammie rubbing mud from her elbows and knees. A faint red cut on her knee started to drip drown her leg.