Cammie's Coming Out

Cammies POV
"Thank you for letting me borrow your clothes." I say looking down at what I'm wearing. The room is filled with silence and I wait for Shannon to respond.

"Its not a problem." She smiles still studying me in her clothes. Shannon grabs out clean clothes for herself and heads into the bathroom. This time she remembers her towel and part of me wishes she didn't. I walk around her room studying a collection of bottles she keeps on the dresser. One was filled with old fortune cookie messages but I can't get them out.

Within seconds Shannon is already out the shower and dressed. She wears a striped baseball t-shirt and black shinny jeans. I watch Shannon dry her wet brown hair with her white towel. Lose curls fall around her neck and she attempts to soak up the water.

"Did you want to stay for tea? Considering its Friday we could go grab something ." She says wanting a reply.

"Sure. What did you wanna have?" I ask sitting beside her on her king sized double bed.

"How about sushi? I can run in and get it." She says. Shannon moves away from me to get an old sushi menu she had kept in her draw.

"Sushi sounds great. You must be a fan of sushi like me then." I laugh pointing to the menu.

"Yea, it would have to be at the top of the list for, most favourite foods." She laughs studying the menu.

"Did you wanna come with, or just wait here?" She questions hopping up off the bed to grab her keys from the dresser.

"I'll come with." I say, worried about being left alone in her house. I don't even know if anyone is home.

"Okay, let's go I'm starving!" Shannon says already halfway down the stairs.

I follow behind her glancing at the family photos again. There weren't many of her whole family, but many with Shannon, her mom and her sister.

We make our way back to her car parked out front and take off. Shannon's concentrating face is adorable. Her eyes stay focused on the road and frowns at all the slow drivers.

"So... there is a party tomorrow night, you should come?" Shannon says checking left and right at an unknown intersection.

"Yea, I don't know. It might not be the best idea. There might be people from my old school." I say looking out the window. Thinking about Taylor.

"Can I ask what happened that made you want to change schools?" Shannon asked trying not to pressure me into the question. She quickly glances at me then focusing back on the road.

"Umm I had a girlfriend...." I say looking at the ground hoping she approves of me. She doesn't say a word and let's me speak.

"And we were at a Dance competition in Nashville and this girl said awful nasty things about my ex, Taylor. She basically outed her, but we got lots of support from our team. We sat the team down and told them we were gay, and that we were dating, and we that we hope you guys can accept us. However Taylor didn't really move on from that. She told the dance team, ...but that was where it ended. I couldn't fully be myself with her because we weren't relaxed." I stare out the window thinking about all my memories with her.

"I had to leave her because it wasn't working out. We were together for a year but it just wasn't her time to properly come out and I respected her for that." I tell Shannon, and wait for honest opinion.

"So, you like girls?" She questions seriously.

"Yeah, I haven't really told anyone other than the dance team." I say, looking down at my feet.