A kick and a punch for the first day of the month

Shannon POV
Sunday was great. She stayed another night at mine and we spent the whole day in bed binge watching The Walking Dead. All us Beveridges spent the night out at a pizza, pasta place for tea. Byron joined us giving Casey time to explain their relationship. Casey could tell I was upset throughtout the whole night, knowing I couldn't bring Cammie.

I felt like shit not being able to bring her to meet the family. The sooner I tell Mom the easier everything should be. Well that's my prediction at least. If not then I have college to escape to if Mom doesn't accept me.

I walk into school, not knowing what to expect. Heads turn to look at me in confusion. I was hoping everyone would of forgotten about the other night, but by the looks of it I'm the new talk of the town. People stare as I walk to my locker and I catch Ness looking at me worried. She begins to walk quickly towards me as if something bad had happened.

"What's wrong?" I question Ness, frowning at her approach.

"Come with me!" Ness takes my hand dragging me to the bathroom. I stop her before we reach the door.

"No! What's wrong?" I ask louder, to impatient to walk around the corner.

"Shannon, please!" She tugs at my wrist again, pulling me into the empty girls bathroom. Ness looks worried and I can't wait any longer.

"Okay, can you tell me what's wrong now?" I frown, wondering what the heck is going on. She places her hands on my shoulders and looks deeply into my eye.

"Cammie's been jumped." She says sadly and slowly.

"What what?! Where is she?" I say frantically questioning Ness.

"Hospital..." I hear the words and zone the rest of the words from my mind. I take off towards the bathroom door in a hurry. "Shannon!" I hear Ness say before I exit. I rush to my car search my pockets for my keys. Ness runs after to me joining me in the car.

"I'm coming with you." I don't respond, she hops in and I take off almost skidding out the car park.

"What happened? School hasn't even started yet! How could she even get jumped?" I interrogate Ness speeding down the street.

"She got to school early and some guy found her on the ground curled up on the concert. She was knocked out with a couple of bruises on her face." Ness explains, with detailed information, I cringe at her words.

"Who did this too her?" I say, picturing Cammie lying on the ground covered in purple marks. My eyes begin to well up but I cut myself off, trying to change my emotions only into anger.

"We don't know. Nobody saw. Well at least thats what we know of." She says, holding onto her seatbelt as I drive with speed.

"I bet it was fucking Taylor." Anger fills inside me and I want to scream.

"Not her again." Ness says rolling her eyes. "Shit Shannon watch out!" Ness holds onto her seat as I drive through an orange light turning red as I pass through.

"I'm not missing anymore lights I don't have time to stop." I say, worrying about Cammie.

"Okay, okay, but I don't think you'll be any help if your lying down next to her in a hospital bed." Ness says. I loosen my grip on the starring wheel trying to drive a little bit more calmer. We finally make it putting Ness at ease. I pull up in the closest car park possible and rush to the Emergency Doctors. We make it to reception and I try to catch my breath, while Ness runs beside me.