You've got a fast car

Shannon's POV
I'm outside her house but I don't have anything planned. I don't know what to say or how to tell her. Maybe I shouldn't tell her. If the timing is right I'll just tell her. She knows what these feelings are she's had them before. I don't think I wanna wish them away anymore. I shouldn't of ignored her, it felt like torture.

I knock on her door a couple of times as I study her front garden. Her Mom kept it in order. Flowers surround the fence and pathway. The door swings open, but an unfamiliar face stands to greet me. You could almost tell she was related to Cammie.

"Hi, you must be Shannon? I'm Cammie's Mom, Sandie." She says, opening the door enough for me to come in. "Come in. Cam is just upstairs with one of her old friends." She says, with a smile. 'Cammie has already talked with her parents about me obviously and what did she mean by old friend.' I frown to myself.

"Nice to meet you, and thanks." I walk in the direction Cammie's Mom directed, down the hall and up the stairs.

Her house is much bigger than mine, filled with wall art and family photos. I can't help but laugh at an old baby photo of Cammie and her cute little smile.

I slowly make my way upstairs and notice only one door open. 'That has to be Cammie's room right?' Chatting escapes from the room, so I make my way towards it.

"Cammie." I whisper down the hall.

"Shit, Shannon." I definitely hear Cammie say. I slowly walk to the room and push open her bedroom door. A dark brown haired girl with a defined jawline sits on Cammie's bed. She looks flawless and could pass for being a model.

"Hello. I'm Taylor." She says, standing up and holding out her hand.

"Umm Shannon." I say, shaking her hand. I look at Cammie for answers but she just stares at me.

"Sorry Shannon. Taylor just turned up out of the blue. She was seeing how I'm doing here. Right Taylor?" She says trying hard to get her to agree.

"Right." She says heading towards the door. "I can see you have plans so I'll talk to you tomorrow?" Taylor half asks.

"Yeah okay, ummm I'll see you tomorrow." Cammie replies walking her out as if she has accomplished something. Cammie lets her find her own way to the front door, staying put with me.

"That was your girlfriend?" I ask, my jaw almost hitting the ground in amazement.

"Yeah ha, she was." Cammie says sadly, fixing her bed and straightening her pillows.

"Is everything ok?" I ask Cammie.

"Yeah." Cammie say not very reassuringly.

All I want to do is grab her and pull her into my arms, she looks upset. I feel bad, I didn't know she was gonna be here. I thought Taylor lived in Pittsburg like Cammie did.

"You wanted to talk to me?" Cammie says coldly, straightening up her room. I've been unfair to her all day. I shouldn't of ignored her, but by doing so I know these feelings mean something.

"Umm, I'm sorry about today and not speaking to you." I tell her but she doesn't look at me, continuing to fix her books.

"I don't understand it Shannon. Saturday night was great and things happened that I can't even explain. Then you ignore me all day today. What's going on?" Cammie says looking directly at me for answer.