Chapter 26-The Making Up

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 26-The Making Up

Katerina Kolosov's POV

"Kat?"

I sighed heavily and without looking up, I replied, "What?"

Charlotte peered into my room, her expression was sheepish. Obviously, she knew better than to interrupt me when I had instructed to be left alone. I was swamped with projects, reports and not to mention all the details from work. I was barely getting a break.

"I know you told me and Sebastian to leave you alone but well, we have a problem." she said hesitantly. "Well, Sebastian has to go back to school for practice and well I have to go back for rehearsals. The play is starting next week and yeah- Anyway, mom and dad aren't home and could you please drive us to school?"

I pursed my lips and looked up from the report that I had been working on. Seeing the pleading expression on Charlie's face, I gave in. "Fine. Let's go."

"Yes! Thanks!" With that, my door was shut and my sister had disappeared, most probably getting Sebastian to hurry. I grabbed my car keys and in no time, we were all in the car.

And as usual, if the twins were sharing a space, especially a small confined space, there was bound to be an argument. No wonder my parents had gone off to the mall or something. Smart.

"Move your leg! Why do you get to have so much space?"

"Fuck off, your bag is the one taking up all the space. Blame it on that."

"Take that back you stupid self-"

"Both of you shut up!" I snapped and immediately, silence reigned. I sighed in relief, my siblings' petty fights always ended up in me getting a headache.

I counted down till five and a shuffling sound started. "Ow! That hurt!"

I groaned inwardly and pressed my feet on the gas pedal, wishing that their school was much nearer to our home.

"I hate you!"

* * *

When I was finally home, I sunk onto my bed and shut my eyes. Even though Lexi had given me that pep talk of sorts, I was still feeling a little down. But, I wasn't going to be the one to make the first move this time round.

Glancing at the mountain of paper on my desk, I forced myself to start on my project even though I probably wanted to dump the stack of them out of my window.

Once I got seated, I pushed myself to complete it and I guessed I was so immersed in my work that I barely registered the fact that someone was ringing the doorbell.