Chapter 1-The Origins

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 1-The Origins

Katerina Kolosov's POV

Two years ago.

I walked around the room smiling at guests who wished me happy birthday. I was sixteen today and well, mom and dad had thrown a birthday party for me at our home. My parents were out for the night at a hotel and I really didn't want to know what they're doing there.

At that thought, I shuddered in disgust and breathed out a sigh of relief that my siblings were over their friends' house for a sleepover. The only reason why my parents allowed me to have a party was that I had supervision from my Uncle Grayson. He was my dad's brother and he was my favourite uncle.

Uncle Grayson was pretty laid-back about certain things and well, he may seem really friendly but he could turn menacing in just a second. That was most probably the reason why my parents had let me throw a party.

"Katerina, is everything alright? You are just walking around in circles." An accented voice sounded out and I turned around to see my uncle peering at me.

I gave him a broad smile. "I'm fine. I'm just looking for someone." I said casually as I tiptoed and looked around. "A boy?"

I gasped and turned around to deny it and my uncle nodded his head, "Do not lie. I know it when I see it. Don't worry, I won't tell Sebastian. God only knows what he would do."

I beamed and threw my arms around him, "Thank you! I love dad but he can be really overbearing." A small smile cracked onto Uncle Grayson's face as he patted me on the back, "That's why you should be grateful for your mother."

I opened my mouth to respond but my uncle cut me off with a stern look, "Enough talking to your old uncle, go enjoy your party but if one hormonal teenage boy touches you-"

"I can handle myself you know that." I gave a reassuring grin and my uncle nodded his head, "I am aware of that but I am you uncle and your guardian for tonight, thus it is my responsibility. Now, I'll go check on everything and you would continue mingling with your guests."

With that, he patted me on the back before disappearing into the crowd. I straightened my back and smoothed down my green dress before continuing to talk to the people from school.

After making small talk with one of the girls from my cheerleading team, I headed towards the foyer when I caught sight of the tall blonde figure heading towards me.

Immediately, a scowl slipped onto my face and I crossed my arms as irritation and annoyance started.

"Why the frown Katerina? Nervous?" He asked casually as he sipped something from his glass. I scowled at him before tossing my hair behind my shoulders.

"Nothing. And I'm not nervous, I just don't like you." I announced and an amused look entered Raphael's blue eyes.