Chapter 10-The Supposed Date

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 10-The Supposed Date

Katerina Kolosov's POV

"So... Are we going to talk about the elephant in the room?"

I looked up sharply and glared at Mikael. "No. It isn't any of your business." I said while I tried to calm myself down. My heart was still racing from the effect that Raphael had on me.

"Right, so then let's talk about the smaller elephant in the room. You and Raphael Doukas. Are you both together?" Mikael questioned and I glared at him.

"Did anyone tell you that you're too fucking nosey?" I scowled at him and he barked out a laugh. "No. So are both of you together?" He pressed and I ignored him before staring at the menu in my hand.

Mikael Carson is the son of my dad's business partner and best friend from Chicago-Erik Carson. This meant that the company they owned, K & C Enterprises would be passed down to Mikael and I.

Mikael was twenty-five years old and he was like a best friend to me. Most of the time, he lived in Chicago with his parents but occasionally, he travelled to New York for business contracts and meetings on behalf of his father.

"Come on kotyonok. We have been friends for years. I tell you everything, you tell me everything. Well, most of the time." Mikael shrugged and coaxed as he leaned back in his chair.

I rolled my eyes at his endearment for me. "I'm not a kitten. And besides what are you even doing at my office this early? Not that I'm not grateful or anything but you said you'll get me at five."

He sighed and ran his fingers through his brown curls that were cut short. "Your father sent me to check on how you're doing. And all I can say is that he really missed a good show." Mikael started laughing again.

I scowled at him and threw a french fry in his direction. "Shut up." I bit out and that made Mikael laugh even more.

"So what is this thing going on between you and Raphael?" Mikael questioned once more, curiosity burning in his eyes as he took a sip from his beer.

I sighed heavily and fiddled with my menu. "It's complicated."

Mikael barked out a laugh again and pointed out with a sly smirk on his face. "Interesting, you didn't deny that there was something but instead claimed that the relationship you had with him was complicated."

Fuck, I slipped. Tired of Mikael's probing questions, I gave in. "Whatever, we just fooling around and I ended things and he still wants me." There. Maybe Mikael would accept that. I thought to myself and sipped from my soda.

Despite Mikael being legal to drink and one of my best friends, he refused to let me order any alcoholic drinks. The bastard. But then again, I was grateful. I needed my head straight to deal with Raphael's charming attitude and his way with words.