Chapter 14-The Best Friend

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 14-The Best Friend

Katerina Kolosov's POV

I entered my dorm room and dumped my bag on the bed and Lexi stared at me thoughtfully. Watching her, I wondered if she knew that I was dating her brother. But I quickly shrugged that thought away. If she knew, she would have confronted me about it.

"Ugh." I mumbled as I threw myself on the bed.

"Bad day?" Lexi asked as she sat opposite me. "No. I hate studying." I grumbled and my voice was muffled as I was speaking into my bed.

"Yeah. About that, I might be interested in journalism instead of art." Lexi spoke and I turned to her. "Really? Well, I know you've been wanting to do that since we were young. And if you really want to, go for it!"

Lexi studied her fingers and asked unsurely. "Really? You think I should?"

"I don't see why not? Savannah is off studying to be a vet. She's bound to come back from England in a few days." I said casually and Lexi pursed her lips before nodding. "Right. I'll go see the office to see if they can change my schedule."

"You know, Savannah would be back on Friday. And well, there is going to be another dinner party and obviously Trevor is going to be there. Are you just going to bail on me again?" I teased lightly and Lexi bit her lower lip.

She sighed heavily and stared at me apologetically, "Sorry about that but it's hard. I would always hear him telling Roman and Raphael about his various girlfriends."

Immediately, I felt bad for pushing. "If you don't want to go it's fine. Maybe you should tell him how you feel." I suggested and Lexi shook her head vehemently.

"No! He can't know!" Lexi protested as panic flashed onto her face. "Why not?" I frowned and Lexi kept quiet.

She sighed before starting. "He just can't. Anyway, I've been thinking. Maybe I should give up on him. It's obviously not going to happen between us. He doesn't see me in a romantic way." She said sadly

"Lexi..." I trailed off and she forced a smile on her face. "Enough. When were you going to tell me about you and my brother?"

Fucking hell, was it that bloody obvious? I scowled and berated myself internally.

"How the hell did you find out?"

Lexi shot me an unimpressed look, "Kat, you're my best friend. You may be a really good liar but you can't keep secrets from me." She smirked smugly and I groaned and planted my face back into the bed.

"What annoys me is that you had to keep it a secret from me. We're best friends aren't we? Why didn't you tell me?" At her tone, I looked up at her and sighed.