Chapter 3-The Alcohol Issue

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 3-The Alcohol Issue

Katerina Kolosov's POV

"College is going to be so fun! And well, after you're done with that, you'll be working in your dad's company. Not the illegal one but the other one." My mom beamed and kissed my cheeks excitedly and I hugged her back tightly.

Dad co-owned a company with his friend Erik and well everyone has decided that I would help out there after I graduated from college. For me, I was still undecided about it because I still didn't know whether I wanted to work in the business sector.

But I didn't have the heart to tell my dad or mom that. I knew my father would be crushed seeing that it was his dream that at least one of his children would take after him. After all, it was all he could talk about while growing up.

However I still didn't know. Thus I was going to work there part time while I was in college. That way, I'll get to see if I wanted to be in the business industry of sorts. And well if I didn't like working there, I'll have to figure out a way to tell my dad that I didn't want to work there without hurting his feelings.

It was going to be tough considering I didn't like talking about...feelings or anything of that sort. My mother had claim that I have gotten that part from dad.

I blew out a breath as my mother squeezed the life out of me. "Ohhhh I'm gonna miss you so much! I mean sure you'll still be staying here on the weekends and on Thursdays and Fridays seeing that your classes are only on the other three days. But I'll still see you three days less!" Mom exclaimed before squeezing all the air out of my body.

"Uhm." I mumbled, wishing that she could let go of me but remained still because my mom had a vice like grip on me.

"Mel sweetheart, let go of her. She's turning purple!" Dad teased and mom let go of me before slapping him lightly in the chest. "I'm not going to say I'll miss you Kitty Kat. I'll be seeing you at the office on Thursdays and Fridays after all."

Dad grinned proudly at me and a bit of guilt hit me to see that he was so pleased that I was going to work there. And of course, I couldn't help but nod my head and shrugged. "Yeah."

Mom sighed before pulling me into one of her famous hugs once again and sighed before pushing my hair behind my ears. "I can't believe you've grown up so fast."

Mom stated wistfully before beaming at me. "I'm really going to miss you Kat, make sure you call everyday okay?"

I nodded and mumbled uncomfortably, "I'm going to miss you guys too. Make sure Seb and Charlie stay out of my room or they'll regret it!" If it was possible, mom seemed to beam even brighter and I quickly gave her and dad another hug before saying our goodbyes before I drove off to college.

In actual fact, I didn't have to stay in the college dormitory at all in the first place and neither did Lexi. It was just because our mothers had insisted on us having a little independence and to experience the full college thing.