Chapter 12-The Interrogation

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 12-The Interrogation

Katerina Kolosov's POV

"Both of you sit!" My dad growled out and stomped off leaving me and Raphael seated in the living room. I sighed irritatedly, wondering who had the fucking big mouth that couldn't be shut.

Beside me Raphael was silent and I wondered what was going through his head. I turned to him and gazed at him questioning. "Are you afraid?"

Raphael cocked an eyebrow before shrugging, "Not really."

"Why not? Sure, I've never let my parents meet a boy I knew but I always thought when I did, they would be quaking in fear." I stated, curious as hell.

"I have nothing to be afraid of, I'm serious about being with you." Raphael stated nonchalantly and gave me a heart stopping grin. My eyes widened at that and he reached over to interlace our fingers.

I knew he was waiting for my response to that but my mom came in shooting me an apologetic look as she broke the moment.

"Before you start pointing fingers, I didn't tell him." Mom started and sat opposite us.

I groaned and quickly stood up, "I need alcohol for this." I grabbed a bottle of red wine from the kitchen and opened it before pouring it into a glass while Raphael snorted under his breath.The stomping of feet brought all of our attention and I sat down beside Raphael to let the torture begin. I've never brought a boy home or introduced them to my parents. I had fleeting boyfriends and flings but none of them were serious. They usually lasted for like a week or two at most.

Dad stalked into the living room with an apple and sat down beside mom and eyed Raphael and I with narrowed eyes. "How long was this thing between the both of you?" He demanded and pulled out a sharp gleaming knife from under the sofa.

My eyes widened at that and mom gasped. "Slade! Put that away! And since when was that there?"

Dad shot my mom a disgruntled but innocent look. "I'm peeling my apple." He started peeling the apple slowly with a hard stare that was fixed on Raphael and I rolled my eyes. "In the living room?" My mother demanded and crossed her arms.

"Mel! Not now!" He hissed in response while my mom rolled her eyes and huffed.

"So? How long?" He demanded and continued peeling the fruit. "Since yesterday." I replied drily and dad scowled. "Yesterday?! How was it that I didn't even know about it?"

Raphael and I remained silent and dad choked before increasing the intensity of his glare. I pressed my lips into a thin line and glared back. "How did you even find out? Mom didn't tell you. So who did?" I demanded.

Dad widened his eyes before glaring at mom. "Wait you knew and you didn't tell me? Mel! You're supposed to be on my side! We're supposed to be a team versing them!"