TLH2: Chapter 33

"Bakit naman hindi ka nagsabi na susunod ka pala, Crisanto?"

Mom said habang kumakain kami. Ricky smiled.

"I want to surprise all of you, Tita."

Nagulat si Mommy pagkuwa'y ngumiti.

"Why, that's so sweet of you, hijo. By the way, where's your father? Bakit hindi mo sinama na din?"

Ricky chuckled. "You know my dad, Tita."

"When was the last time that man took a vacation?"

Napapa-iling na sabi ni Daddy. Natawa nalang si Ricky.

Nagkatinginan kami ni Ricky, he smiled at me and I smiled slightly. His looks went down and I saw his smile faded and I know what he's looking at. Nag-angat muli ang tingin nito sa akin.

"So, did I miss something here?"

"Mommy and Daddy are getting married, Tito R!"

Lahat kami ay napatingin kay Ivo na tuwang tuwa sa pagkakasabi nito.

Ricky chuckled. "Wow! Really?"

Ricky looked at me at sasagot na dapat ako ng hinawakan ako ni Ivan sa kamay.

"Yes. We are getting married." Ivan said while looking intently at me.

I smiled at him.

"Oh, is that so? Well, congratulations to the both of you." Ricky said but I can see something else in his eyes.

"Thanks, man." Ivan said.

Ricky nodded and smiled at binaling ang tingin kay Mommy at Daddy.

Our dinner went well, almost. Napag-usapan namin about sa details ng kasal namin pero agad din naman napalitan ng tungkol sa business.

Pagkatapos namin kumain, Mom, Dad and Ricky went to the veranda, while the teens do their own thing. Inasikaso ko na si Ivo sa pagtulog nito, I know he's tired. We went to his room.

"Babe, ako na. I'll take care of our son."

I smiled. "Ako na. Mabilis lang 'to."

"I know you're tired." Pag-pilit pa nito

Natawa ako. "And so are you. I can handle this."

Wala ng nagawa si Ivan kundi bumuntong-hininga at hinalikan kami pareho sa ulo ni Ivo bago ito lumabas ng kwarto.

I tucked Ivo into bed and made him drink his meds. When all is well, I said my good night to him.

"Good night, baby. Sleep tight okay?"

Ivo yawned and rub his eyes before laying down. "Mommy, why are you and Daddy getting married again? Aren't you two married already?"

Nagulat ako sa tinanong ni Ivo. At a young age, he noticed that kind of thing. I smiled and patted his head.

"Why'd you asked, curious George?"

Ivo pouted and shrugged his shoulders. "I just want to know."

I chuckled. "Hmm.. Let's just say that's how Mommy and Daddy loves each other. "

"You two will marry over and over again? Will the priest get tired of that? Seeing you two again in their Church?" Ivo said with eyes wide open.

Hindi ko napigilan matawa sa sinabi ng anak ko. Oh, Ivo. You're just like your Dad.

"Yes. And no, the priest will not get tired of us. C'mon now, get some sleep. " I said in a chuckle.

"Hmmm.. Okay. Good night, Mommy. I love you." Ivo kissed my cheeks and went to sleep.