TLH2: Chapter 6

Ivan's POV

The reason why I didn't went home as what I have promised to Eunica when I was in Chicago was that CLS broke down that time. There was a huge problem occurred that I couldn't just let it go. I know Dad is with me but he had a heart attack. I have no choice but to stay in Chicago to solve the problem. The problem was that one of Dad's most trusted business partner, betrayed him. Siniraan niya ang CLS sa ibang company which why CLS almost drop to zero. I couldn't take the risk to totally bring down our company. All the hard work will be wasted and many people will be jobless.

I did stay in Chicago to solve the problem. I did everything that I can. Masyado akong naging busy to the point na nakalimutan ko ng kontakin ang asawa ko. Alam ko nag-aalala na 'yun. But I know, Mom will bring the news to my wife. After Dad's heart attack, agad na sumugod papuntang Chicago si Mommy, I thought she will bring Eunica pero mag-isa lang ito. Sinabi niya na hindi daw pinayagan ng Doktor na bumyahe si Eunica. Naintindihan ko naman. It's for the sake of our child. Days passed that I didn't noticed, I have stayed too long. But the good thing was that CLS was back to normal. Everything was settled and the problem was solved. My father regained his strength at nauna na silang umuwi ni Mommy. I was planning to go with them but they stopped me just because they want to make sure the CLS is still on top. I refused pero dahil naalala kong kakagaling lang sa sakit ni Dad and I don't want to stress him kaya pumayag ako.

I stayed for two months in Chicago hanggang sa masiguro ko na okay na talaga ang lahat at pinayagan na akong makauwi nila Dad, I immediately booked a flight home. I was so excited that time. Makikita ko na din ang asawa ko. I know that she's already on her 7th month of pregnancy and 2 months more, and we will have a family. Sobra ang excitement ko n'ung araw na 'yun. Alam ko magtatampo si Eunica because of pregnancy hormones but I came home prepared. Babawi ako sa kanya sa lahat ng pagkukulang ko sa kaniya at sa baby namin. Pagkalapag palang ng jet ng CLS, agad na akong dumiretso umuwi sa mansion namin. Mabuti nalang at walang traffic nung araw na 'yun at mabilis akong nakauwi. I was so happy that time. All I think about was my wife. How I missed her so much and how I wanted to kiss her so hard and to touch her. Two months being away from your love of your life feels like a year.

Happiness was visible on my face that time. But the happiness fades easily when I learned from my Mom that Eunica run away. That she went to another man. My world crushed. Ayokong maniwala kay Mommy pero may pinakita siya sa aking sulat ni Eunica. Lalong nadurog ang mundo ko ng makita ko ang hand-writing ng asawa ko. I was devastated but at the same time anger came all over me. Knowing that dinamay pa niya ang anak ko.

I've searched for them everywhere. I want punch that asshole's face who took my wife so hard that he'll bleed to death. I felt betrayed. I became a fool. Hindi ko na sila mahanap kahit saan. Kahit gamitin ko pa ang lahat ng pera ko, they were nowhere to be found. Sobrang bigat ng pinagdaanan ko. I was never fooled that much. Mas naaawa ako sa anak ko. He was conceived by the wrong woman. Lahat ng paghihirap ko, dinaan ko sa alak at babae. Every night, I go out, get drunk, and sleep with other women. But every time I sleep with another woman, Eunica's face always pops in my mind and my body just automatically stop moving at nawawalan ako ng gana.

That keeps on going for I don't know how long hanggang sa napabayaan ko na ang CLS. Napabayaan ko na din ang sarili ko. Para akong nababaliw n'ung mga panahon na 'yun. As a result, CLS dropped from its position. My parents were furiously mad. Hindi man lang nila naisip yung pinagdadaanan ko at ang kumpanya pa din ang inisip nila. I don't have anyone with me. And it was shit. My life became shit and everything.

At ngayon, CLS is totally broke. I don't know what happened but the shares just went down to zero. Parang virus na ang bilis kinuha ang lahat ng shares ng CLS. Lahat ng investors namin halos wala na. The company's starting to decrease its employees so sudden. Galit na galit na din ang board of directors and they want me out of the position. Nagkanda-gulo gulo na ang lahat. Hindi ko na alam ang gagawin ko. I'm losing my mind. Wala na akong tulog these past days. Masyado na akong na-pressure sa mga nangyayari.