TLH2: Chapter 40

Erin's POV

This has got to be the longest night of my life that I've felt so contented. Seeing our families together is such a satisfying feeling ever. I am so lucky to finally have this in my life. Everything was so perfect. Everyone was happy, dancing, and talking with each other like they've known them for years.

I am thanking the Heavens for letting me, us, have this. It is not yet our wedding day but I feel so happy right now. And I don't want this to end.

But one thing that caught me off guard was Stanley's words to me earlier. His good luck was something. It's not just a simple 'good luck' of what we have. He wouldn't say that in a language that Ivan can't understand.

I just shrugged that thought off. I don't want to ruin the special night that we had. I am exhausted tonight but I'll be happy to have this over and over again.

Ivan and I both decided to go upstairs to rest. It's probably best because this night so tiring. My body is giving up on me and wants to feel the bed already. Actually, I feel so lazy to get up and prepare, if it wasn't for Ivan and his stubbornness, I wouldn't get up and get dressed.

We were on the stairs and I feel like I wanted to drink something. I feel so dry. Probably because of the champagne that I've been drinking. I excused myself and let Ivan go on by himself and made my way to the kitchen. I picked up a glass and poured cold water in it. I gulped it in one drink and fill in another. I'll put this beside my bed later at baka mauhaw nanaman ako.

I walked up the stairs. I was already on top of it when I saw Ivan and Kuya Ethan heading to Dad's office. Ano naman kaya ang gagawin nila doon? Because of my curiosity, I silently followed them. Nakita kong unang pumasok si Kuya at kasunod naman nito si Ivan. The door was left slightly open enough for me to hear what they were saying. At first it's not clear but I can hear that both of them are having a heated conversation.

I frowned. What are they talking about? And why do they sound like that? I thought everything is okay between the two of them? I know this is eavesdropping but I went closer to the door and I wished that I didn't.

"Is that really it? Or is it because you're just a coward to lose your most precious company that you've bet on my sister for you to have it both and still not confessing it to her?"

The glass that I have been holding dropped from my hands that are shaking terribly from what I just heard.

"What the hell, Ivan."

And that's the only words that I can react. Kahit nanginginig ang mga tuhod ko, nagawa ko pa din makapasok sa loob ng silid. I closed the door at my back and I can see both of them looking at me. Both are shocked to see me but my brother was the first one to composed himself. Ivan on the other hand looks at me like I was his ghost from the past.

"Did I heard it clearly? Y-you've bet on me, on us?"

Pabalik-balik ang tingin ko sa kanilang dalawa. Walang gustong sumagot sa tanong ko na lalong nagpa-init ng ulo ko.

"Wala bang sasagot sa inyo?!"

I saw Kuya Ethan made his way to me, he touched my shoulders.

"Erin, calm down."

I looked at him and shrugged his hands off of me. "Don't touch me, Kuya" Sa malamig na boses na sinabi ko. Nakita kong natigilan ito at akmang lalabas na ng pigilan ko ito.

"Don't you dare open that door, Ethan."

I see that he stopped on his tracks. Nagbalik ang tingin ko kay Ivan. Tahimik pa din ito at parang nakakita ng multo. His face is pale that I can't see what he is thinking.