TLH2: Chapter 44

Ivan's POV

I'm staring at her from a distance. She looks happy but I know deep inside she is hurting. The pain can hide from her smiles but not in her eyes. If I could just kiss all the pain away, I would fucking do it in an instant.

But, I am also hurting.

I know I made mistakes, but it doesn't mean my heart is not breaking. It's torn into pieces everytime we are not seeing and talking to each other. These past three weeks feels like inferno all over and over again. I may be with my son, but it feels incomplete without his mother.

This is hard for me, for us, however, I know that it will be best to take a breather from all that had happened. And to prevent them from running far away from me, again.

She stood from her seat, talked to her friend and brother before excusing herself from the crowd. My eyes followed her to where she is going and it led her inside the house. I took a deep breath. I remembered what we had talked about earlier.

"Eunica, please let's fix this"

She's looking blankly at me. No emotions visible in her eyes and it's hurting me.

"I don't know where to start again, Ivan. It feels like you've pulled me up in the air then just dropped me like a rock."

I held her hands.

"Baby, don't think like that. Please. How many times do I have to tell you that I don't want it in the first place?"

Her eyes broke contact with me then looked away.

"But you still did it anyway. Now, how can you undo that?"

My hands held her tight.

"I know I can't. It's done, it's all in the past but what matters now is what we have today. Eunica, please. Please forgive me. "

She closes her eyes and took a breathe. She looked back at me.

"You still don't understand, do you? You have broken my trust that was so hard for me to build when I became true to myself that I still want you in my life, Ivan. I've risked everything, even my son's welfare. Because that's what he deserves. But look at what it took us? We became an instrument of your own selfish game."

Words left my soul. I can't think of what to say. She once again looked at me and I can now see pain in those beautiful eyes and I want to erase all of it.

When there was silence over us, she slowly released her hand on mine and utter the words that made me hard to breathe.

"I have to go. And please don't bother me, again."

As much as I wanted to go after her, I'm restraining myself to do it. My hands tighten on the glass that I'm holding. I looked at it and drinks it in one gulped.

Everybody is having their time of their lives. Me? I'm drenching myself with grief and pain. The only friend that I have right now is alcohol to ease it.

My eyes are hurting from the vibe that's why I found myself made its way in front of the ocean. The waves are calmly crashing to the shore and the wind whispers in the air coolly. I looked at the dark view and slowly admiring how quiet it is. I closed my eyes and wished my life will be quite and peaceful but most especially, happy again.

Erin's POV

I glanced at the clock on my bedside table once again and buried my face on the pillow. I can't sleep! When I told Kuya and Ricky earlier that I will take a rest already right after the event, the minute I laid myself to bed, the whole time I was just tossing and turning!

TLH2: Royal Comeback (Completed) #Wattys2016 जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें