TLH2: Chapter 19

Ivan's POV

Her skin is pale and her lips are dry. She seems to have lost her words. I can see that she's tensing up and I don't know why. What's with my question? I'm just asking her about that Ivo guy is, who knows if she's a man in Eunica's life. I would never swallow that thought. Knowing Eunica is with somebody else makes me want to rip the guy's head off. Hindi ako papayag na mapunta sa ibang lalaki si Eunica. She's mine and only mine.

I looked at her closely, pero agad naman siyang nag-iwas na tingin. I know there's something fishy going on here, and I can feel it. Parang may isang bagay na kailangan akong malaman but I just couldn't seem to put my feet on it.

"Eunica, who's Ivo?"

Lalong nanlaki ang mga mata niya at hindi siya makatingin sa akin. Nangunot ang noo ko. Tama ba 'yung pakiramdam kong may iba na siya? Am I too late? I can feel daggers pinning my heart.

"H-He's.. He's.." Eunica said stuttering.

"He's what?" I can feel the coldness in my voice and my hands are itching to know the truth.

Eunica chins up na sadyang kinagulat ko. Tumapang ang mukha nito.

"He's none of your business, Ivan."

The ''v'' line between my brows became deeper as to what Eunica just said. I looked at her eyes but she instantly avoided my stares. I knew it! She's lying to me. I know her; she's not good at lying.

"I thought I said that you should be honest with me."

Kumunot na din ang noo niya. This is not good, napapansin ko lang na madalas ng mainis si Eunica, it feels like she has change, well, it was my fault, I hurt her that she suffered so much. And I couldn't blame her for her actions now, because it was all because of me.

I just wanted to know who that Ivo is pero parang hirap na hirap siyang sabihin sa akin kung sino ito. I don't care if she keeps on telling me that it's none of my business because I just can't accept the fact that she's seeing someone else! And when it comes to her, I would goddamn fight for whatever that's been mine.

"Ehem."

Sabay kaming napalingon ni Eunica sa nagsalita, she was about to say something when we heard a voice. A tall man in a business attire, clean cut hair, strong facial features with a briefcase on his right hand was standing in front of us.

"Dad!"

I step back as Eunica welcomes his father with a kiss on the cheek. Saglit lang itong tumingin kay Eunica at nalipat agad ito sa akin. I nonchantly gulped from the way his father looks at me. So, this is Eric Wilfred Sanders. Looking at him, I can see the two young Sanders in their family. Too many resemblances within their tree.

Naputol ang pagtitigan namin nang humarap na sa kanya si Eunica. He smiled at her.

"Erin, what are doing at the door?" Mahina ngunit malalim na boses na sabi nito.

"Ah.. Uhm" Eunica looked at me. "I'm just leading Ivan out, Daddy."

Our eyes met once again. I nodded my head as a salute. "Good Evening, Sir."

He looked at me from head to toe. The way he's looking at me makes me feel small and I know why, he probably knew me already. The man who broke their lost heiress' heart. The struggles are about to start, Ivan.

"Winter, could you tell Manang Flora to call out the guards for me?" He said without breaking his stares on me. Bigla, ay bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko. Is it because of me?

Hindi ako makagalaw sa kinatatayuan ko. This is the first time that I've been intimidated by someone's father. Though, I got intimidated with Tatay Domingo but it wasn't like this.