TLH2: Chapter 42

Erin's POV

My eyes slowly open and roamed around the room. I'm not familiar with the things that I am seeing and it took me seconds to realize where I am.

I lifted myself up from the bed but suddenly rested my head when I felt it throbbing like hell. I held my forehead. Gosh, what happened last night? I tried to recall it before passing out due to the amount of alcohol in my body but it seems like my mind is not yet at ease to remember it.

I closed my eyes and tried to relax. I inhaled deeply to restore my memories from last night. A moment of peace came to me while my eyes are closed. Then I suddenly open it when a flash of memory came back to me.

I was with Ricky last night! We were so close with each other and then I looked at his lips. I remembered how my heart raced with adrenaline. We were about to kiss! But I can't remember what happened after that. I think I passed out. D-Damn it.

Napahawak ako sa noo ko. Shit, please tell me nothing happened between us. An idea popped my mind. I looked down on my clothes and I'm still wearing the same thing. Ricky's not here with me on bed. So, I assume nothing happened?

I growl when I felt my head throbbing again. Nabigla ako sa mga naalala ko. Pero baka nga walang nangyari. I trust Ricky, he wouldn't do such a thing.

I got up from bed and hit the showers. May mga damit pa naman ako dito sa condo. Ang laking ginhawa ng matapos ako maligo. I put on some simple jumpsuit then went out of the room. I'm expecting to see him outside but to my surprise, no one's there. I tried to call his name but there was no answer. Maybe he left early for work.

My feet made its way to the kitchen. I went to the table and saw a note on it.

"Love, I have to go. There's food on the stove, fresh orange juice in the fridge and medicine on the table. Call me if you need anything. - R"

I placed the piece of paper aside. Bigla ay nakaramdam ako ng gutom. I went to the stove and reheat the food Ricky prepared me. I suddenly felt thirsty, I open the fridge, gathered the juice and drinks it.

When my body regained it's normal energy, thanks to Ricky's hangover kit, I sat on the couch and rested my head. I looked at the wall clock and it's already 12:00 in the afternoon.

Then I remembered the reason I came here. I smiled wryly, reality hits me again. Life is just bullshit. Why does it have to be this hard? Why can't we just simply be happy?

I'm not asking for too much. Just real happiness but it's so hard to achieve.

I sighed deeply and then I remembered my son, Ivo. He's probably looking for me. Ngayon palang I want to say sorry to him. His parents are such a mess.

I fished out my phone in my pocket, I'm going to call my mom to check on Ivo. I was about to dial her number when I heard the doorbell.

Who could that be? Maybe it's Ricky, checking on me.

I made my way to door and open it.

"Back already, lo—"

I stopped when I realized who was in front of me. My smile faded.

He's looking at me with tired eyes. My mind is asking questions. Why is here? How did he find me?

"Eunica, I've been looking for you everywhere"

There's sadness on his voice.

"How did you find me?"

He took a step forward but stopped when I was about to close the door.