TLH2: Chapter 30

Ivan's POV

Earlier...

The clocks says that it's already 4:30 AM, I did it on purpose to wake up early because I want to finish all of my paperworks in the office para wala na akong aalalahanin when we leave for Batanes at the end of the week.

At gusto ko din makasama pa ng mas matagal ang mag-Ina ko. I want to make some new memories of us as a family.

I looked at the most beautiful woman in the world sleeping peacefully at my side with white sheets covering her body. I remembered our love making hours ago. Every time that we did it, it was something I won't forget in my life.

I caressed her cheeks and kissed her forehead before hitting the shower.

I texted Hans that I will be coming in early as soon as I'm out from the shower and dressed in my casual jeans and shirt.

Before leaving, I took some paper and pen and wrote Eunica that I will leave early and call me when she wakes up.

I placed the piece of paper on her bedside table and kissed her fully on the lips. I smiled as I remember how this woman sleeps. Tulog mantika talaga.

Dahan-dahan akong lumabas ng kwarto. The hallway is quite. I opened the door across Eunica's room which was Ivo's room. I slowly went in.

I looked at my son. He looks like his mother when sleeping. A thought came to me, tulog mantika din kaya ang anak ko?

I grabbed the pillow on the floor and fix Ivo's blanket. He reminds me of my childhood. Ang sabi ni Mommy, napakalikot ko daw matulog nung bata ako. And I'm glad my son and I are the same. I leaned over Ivo and kissed his forehead.

I don't want to wake everybody up kaya dahan-dahan akong bumaba ng hagdanan.

I heard some footsteps near the kitchen. Baka gising na sila Tita Charie. Napaaga naman ata?

I made my way to the kitchen and was greeted by the maid.

"Good morning, Sir."

"Good morning. Sila Tita Charie ba yung nasa kitchen?"

Napalingon yung maid sa way ng kitchen.

"Ay, sir hindi po. Tulog pa po sila Ma'am."

I was taken aback. Sino naman kaya yung nandu'n?

"Okay. Thanks."

"Sige po. Sir, gusto nyo po ba ng coffee?" Alok nito.

"No, thanks."

The maid nodded her head and made my way to kitchen. I just got this feeling that I need to see whoever is in there.

Habang papalapit ako, my heart began pumping like a wild drum.

Weird.

I shook my head, nasosobrahan na ata ako sa kape.

I made my way inside and froze. Nagtama ang mga mata namin. The sound of the broken glass made the man look at the direction of the broken cup.