7. There's Curiosity in Your Eyes

Start from the beginning

                "I can't get married. I cannot get married." Sanna cried out as she caught a glimpse of the yard from her window.

                Sanna pulled the back of her dress ripping it open as she could finally breathe. "I won't be used as a situation for their problem. I won't be fucking used."

                Sanna tossed the dress to the side of the room as the metal of her armour was peeking out from the wardrobe.

                She walked over pulling the door open as the thick fur that outlined the vest felt soft under her fingers. The pants that were made from deer from the surrounding land were folded at the bottom of the wardrobe. Sanna bent down taking in the pants that she hadn't worn in years when a dark stain caught her attention.

                "I was wearing this during the raids. I was wearing this that night she vanished."

                Sanna pulled the fur vest from the wardrobe as her face lit up as the boots fell out into her lap. "I miss my boots. I miss this all."

                Sanna rested her head against the wall of her room, "Dallas is right. We don't belong here. This isn't our home. We shouldn't be behind walls. We shouldn't be walking around like this."

                Sanna wiped the corners of her eyes knowing that it wasn't right. That it wasn't home.

                Sanna sat up when she the floor under her move.

                "What in the world was that?" Sanna pushed herself up as the sheets draped over her bed were swaying back and forth.

                 The door to her room swung open as one of her guards looked over at her, "Are you ok?"

                "I'm fine." Sanna wiped the dirt from her pants as he pulled the door back closed. Sanna glanced back at herself in the mirror.

                Something about seeing herself in the mirror in that clothing put a smile on her lips. It was time she went home.

                Down the hallway in the map room, a guard walked into the room as Maddox Ragason grabbed one of the maps that had rolled to the ground during the shaking.

                Maddox pushed the map back open as it revealed the area that her family had been pushing to take.

                "You keep pushing and someone will push back harder." Maverick said stepping up to the table.

                The guard glanced over at Maverick as Maddox shook his head, "I know what I am doing."

                Maverick smiled at him, "You do? If you really did then this would have been over a few years ago!"

                Maddox shook his head back at the swordsman when a guard busted into the room, "What is wrong with you?"

                "It is your sister."

                Maverick narrowed his eyes, "What about Sanna?"

                "She isn't in her room and her horse is missing." The guard finally choked out.

                Maverick cracked a smile over at Maddox, "Want me to get your sister, again?"

                "No, she will come back." Maddox said as his eyes were glued to the map.

                "Isabel is pushing for a war and you want to ignore the fact that your sister has vanished?"

                Maddox shook his head as he went back to the war plan in front of him.