The Longest Ride (Marshall Traver) - Part 3

Start from the beginning

"It is when I'm already late for work and don't have any spare time at all," you countered, trotting up the stairs and into your bedroom.

"C'mon, princess," he pouted as you dug through your bags to find something nice to wear, "I'll be quick. Honest."

"Mar," you sighed.

Marshall came up behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling your back to his chest. His lips hit the weak spot on your neck immediately, making you swallow back a moan. You felt him smirk, knowing he could sense you were coming undone all over again.

"Mar... W-We can't..."

"Then at least let me help you get dressed, princess," he whispered roughly and you instantly gave in, nodding your head.

Marshall's fingers were already working on the button of your shorts, your nod being the only thing he needed to push the denim down your legs. His hands squeezing your thighs before sliding back up to the hem of your shirt. He pulled it over your head and tossed it in the direction of your hamper, not actually caring whether or not it went in. He then put his hand on your cheek, turning you around so he could kiss you properly. You wrapped your arms around his neck, your fingers combing through his hair.

"You're so beautiful, princess," Marshall murmured into the kiss, feeling you smile, "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Mar," you responded softly. As much as you didn't want to, you had to stop him from going further, knowing very well that this wasn't getting you any closer to going to the fairgrounds.

"Princess," he whined.

"You know I want to keep going, Mar," you giggled, "But at this rate, I'm going to get sweaty and I'd have to take a shower and I really don't have the time."

"Tonight then?" You looked at him and he stuck his bottom lip out, making you roll your eyes.

"If you behave yourself today," you promised him, grabbing a change of clothes and going into your bathroom so you could get ready.

After getting dressed, brushing your hair and teeth, and doing your makeup, you and Marshall were on the road to Dallas. Much like the ride home from the lake, his hand was on your thigh and you were playing with his fingers while the radio was playing softly. He would sing the songs he knew when they came on, making you smile slightly.

Most people didn't know it since Marshall was mainly known around town for his rodeo skills, but he was quite an amazing singer as well. Of course, that skill was usually saved for you on the nights you couldn't sleep or the times when you were on long car rides together.

Once you arrived at the fairgrounds, you met with Nate at the news van and Marshall went to go talk to your brothers, stating he was going to offer them some advice for the rodeo later that evening. He pecked your lips before walking away, causing Nate to smile knowingly at you when you turned to look at him.

"Told you," he winked and you rolled your eyes at him.

"Let's get to work, camera boy," you stated, grabbing your microphone.

"You love me and you know it," he chuckled, lifting his camera onto his shoulder and closing the van door, following you to the rodeo arena. Upon entering the arena, you saw all the contestants preparing for the evening.

"Y/N!" one of them cheered, "You're home!" The rest of the cowboys in that small group looked at you, their faces lighting up. You'd know these boys ever since Tyler started competing in rodeos, getting to know them even better when you started dating Marshall.

"Hi, guys!" you beamed, bouncing over to them and hugging the five that were standing there.

"How have you been?" the same one, Dakota, asked, "How's life in Austin?"

"Can't complain," you laughed lightly, "How about you guys? You ready for the show tonight?"

"Yeah," he chuckled, "With Marshall not competing this year, we might actually have a chance at winning."

"I don't know about that," Daniel commented, "Those brothers of hers-" He nudged your arm. "-have been getting pretty good."

"Plus, he's over there talking to 'em, so we've definitely got our work cut out for us," Miles shook his head with a small laugh of his own.

You looked over your shoulder and noticed Marshall was still talking to your brothers. Sensing someone's gaze, he looked up, smiling when he saw you. He winked at you, making you blush and turn back to the group.

"So you two back together?" Dakota asked.

"To be fair, I think you already know the answer to that," you grinned shyly.

"Well, we hope this gives you more incentive to visit home more often," Miles teased. You rolled your eyes and shoved him a bit.

"Anyway," you stated, "Nate and I-" You motioned to where Nate was standing beside you since you hadn't actually introduced them. "-are covering the fair for the station and we wanted to do some interviews before everything kicks off. Is that cool?"

"Anything for you, Y/N," Dakota smiled. You all decided that you would talk to them together and those who wanted to talk could just do it.

After finishing up, you hugged the boys one last time before you and Nate made your way to the other side of the arena. You interviewed your brothers and Marshall separately, then you and Nate decided to walk around and get footage of the fairgrounds as well as talk to a few people here and there.

Once you got back to the arena, Marshall practically begged you to take a break and get lunch with him. Nate didn't hesitate to take the microphone out of your hand and usher the two of you off.

Your breakup – for whatever reason – had been the talk of the town for the last two years. People noticed right away that Marshall seemed a lot sadder after you left and he'd finally gotten so annoyed with the constant questions about it that he'd just blurted it out one day at a competition. He didn't really mean to say it, but it seemed like everyone and their brother wouldn't let it go.

So when you and Marshall walked to a tent where someone was selling burgers – the same place you always went to get something to eat at the fair – the person running it greeted you cheerfully, happy to see you two back together.

And after you were done and wanted to play some games, the people running those booths – as well as people along the way – had the same look on their faces upon seeing Marshall's arm around your waist, three of his fingers stuck in your back pocket.

And since you'd previously been together for two years before that, absolutely no one was surprised when you and Marshall announced your engagement when you came back to visit three months later.

~

THE ENDING IS ACTUAL SHIT I AM SO SORRY