Seeing him again

•Brinley's POV•
I feel like I should start of by explaining myself.

My name is Brinley Moore. I am 16 years old and I honestly live an ordinary life. I am an only child with two loving parents. Yet as of right now my parents are in New York for business. I don't know much about their jobs, I just know they get good pay and enjoy what they do. I'm not one to complain though. They put a roof over my head and food on my table so I couldn't be more grateful. As of now, my grandparents decided to move into our house to watch over me until mom and dad get back. But let's not get into that. Moving on, I have two close friends.

Vanessa and Carson.

Vanessa has been my best friend since the third grade when I "accidentally" stole her chicken nuggets at lunch. Don't ask how or why that brought us together, it just did.

Carson I met in the sixth grade. He was considered one of the "popular boys" (even though we were only in middle school). He asked me to the school dance and for some reason I said yes. Nothing more has gone down between Carson and I.

The three of us have simply made a pact to stay best friends as long as time.

They're the only ones I really trust here in Stratford.

And now we have to move on to the topic I'm sure you all have been wanting to know about.

My grandparents happen to be best friends with Bruce and Diane Dale.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, Justin Biebers grandparents.

Not only that, but my house is right next to theirs. Justin and I were kinda friends back in the day. We had a special treehouse in my backyard that we would go and play in when we were little. We would play tag and hide and seek.

We were close when we were little. We kinda grew apart when we got older but I still remember him running over to my house and telling me he was flying into the states.

"This could be my chance, Brin! I could finally support my mom. We could be happy, ya know?"

"I'm so happy for you Justin. You'll do great. I believe in you."

It's kinda funny thinking back to that conversation.

'This could be my chance, Brin.'

It was his chance, because look at him now.

We never talked after that. I'd get a letter every once and a blue moon but it didn't say much and that was years ago when he still cared.

He doesn't care now.

But Bruce and Diane I love more than anything. They are the sweetest people I've ever met.

In fact, Grams and I are baking them some holiday cookies now. In case you're confused, I like to refer to my grandma and grandpa as Grams and Gramps. I've been doing it my whole life and it's just kinda stuck.

It's December which means hella snow but also no school for a good three weeks.

And here I am, fresh out of school, kicking the break off by making some fresh cookies and chocolate covered pretzels.

"Brinley I think everything is all done. Why don't we run them over there now?" Grams ask and I smile as I dump more red and green sprinkles on the cookies.