26- She's Retiring from the Host Club

Ayaka  

Today is going to be so exhausting. Starting today it's the 43rd Ouran Fair and everyone is busy. We're all working on getting ready for the opening ceremony. I nod and smile as I sign a clipboard and shoo the man away. 

"And those go in the central building's main salon, okay?" Kaoru says to the man that walks away from me. He nods in reply. Haruhi sighs and deadpans as she watches the students work. I come over and stand next to her and Kyoya. 

"This fair will be the end of me." I say as I massage my temples.

"Uh, aren't school fairs meant to be, I don't know, more about students proudly showcasing unique things they made by hand?" Haruhi questions. 

"Perhaps for a mere average school, yes. But, at Ouran, the emphasis is on planning and leadership skills." Kyoya explained and closed his little black book," Keep in mind. Most of our students are being groomed in the position of leadership, so they're required to showcase talent for proper mobility not arts and crafts." He tucks his hand in his pocket. 

"Oh..." Haruhi says as she looks up at Kyoya. We hear a horse whine as a carriage comes to a stop next to us.  

"Whoa, whoa!" Hikaru says to calm the horses that pull the carriage.

"Nicely done. You handle the reigns like a pro." Takashi complimented Hikaru. Hikaru looked up to him with a happy smile. 

"Aya-chan!" Mitsukuni cheered from the carriage. 

"Climb on board! We're rehearsing for the big Ouran Fair parade!" Tamaki smiled as he and Mitsukuni stood up. I picked up Haruhi like a child and hoisted her on the carriage and climbed up after and offered a hand to Kyoya. I sat down between Kaoru and Mitsukuni, who smiled up at me. Hikaru urged the horses forward and the carriage carried on. 

"Oh wow, it's right out of a fairy tale!" A girl gushed as we rode past. Students watched us as the carriage pulled along. 

"How romantic!" A girl blushed. 

"Can we have a ride, too?" A girl asked. We smiled and waved to students as we passed. 

"Hey, you know, you've gotten pretty good at this." Kaoru complimented his brother. Hikaru looked over his shoulder and smiled happily to his brother.

"There's nothing to it. You should have practiced with me earlier." Hikaru said. 

"Well, just because we're twins doesn't make both of us good drivers." Kaoru reminded him.

"It's kind of neat having us all together like this for a carriage ride, huh?" Mitsukuni smiled to all of us. 

"Yeah, whatever..." Haruhi deflated as she sat between Kyoya and Tamaki. I smiled at her and knocked our shoes together. 

"Oh and for the actual parade tomorrow, we'll all be in 18th century french costumes. Your outfits will be especially opulent, Ayaka and Haruhi." Tamaki said energetically. 

"Oh, wonderful..." Haruhi muttered. The school bells started to ring Tamaki looked down at Haruhi. 

"Ah, the Fair's Opening Ceremony has started. Let's make this Fair the best one yet!" Tamaki said softly as he looked at Haruhi then to the rest of us. He smiled brightly at me, I smiled back at him starting to get excited. Tamaki looked back down on Haruhi.

"Sounds good to me." Haruhi brightened up.

----

Couples danced as the music played. The violins sounded wonderful. I watched as I welcomed guests into the Central Building Salon. I saw Conoco dancing with her fiance. Kunakano smiled up at the class rep. as he looked away from her blushing. Kasanoda was blushing wildly as he was surrounded by girls. I'm pretty sure I saw some of his goons in the bushes watching him happily. I bowed as a few more people entered the salon.