1- Prologue

Ayaka

I sat in my classroom listening to a conversation going on near my desk.

"Awe Honey-senpai is so adorable! The way he carries that bunny around is just the cutest thing." A girl blushed.

"Tamaki is wonderful. He's so sweet and kind." Another chimed.

"The scene with the twins the other day was- ahhhhh!" Two girls screamed together. The girls squealed and blushed. They must have noticed me staring and looked at me expectantly.

"What? What are you guys looking at?" I wonder. They giggle between themselves.

"Well, what do you think about the host club, Ayaka?" A girl asked me, I shrugged. I retain my calm exterior as they migrate to my desk and impatiently await my answer.

"I don't care. Besides why would I spend time with them when I can spend time with you my lady." I held the girl's hand in my fingers and kissed her knuckles. She blushed and the girls around us swooned as well. But in all reality those boys are nothing but trouble. We talked for a bit more and I fit in compliments for all of the girls. They blushed like mad. The bell for class rang and we all sat in our seats.

----

After school I was walking out of the main gates of the school when a black limousine pulled up next to me, the window rolled down to reveal Tamaki Souh giving me a gentle smile.

"Hello my freckled princess. May I interest you in a ride to your estate there is something I would like to discuss with you especially." He said gently.

Tamaki Souh, the head master's son, he's in my class. I remember him from when he first moved here. He would drag Kyoya and sometimes me around the temples in Kyoto. I took a step towards the car. The driver was already out and opening the door for me. I shrug and get in. He looked a bit surprised that I was walking on the side of the road. It was normal for me to run home after school. It was a good warm up from my private judo and karate lessons, it was also just a good workout.

"What are we discussing Souh? I have kendo and karate lessons so I have to be home soon." I warned him sternly. The limousine pulled smoothly away from the curb and headed towards my estate.

"Only those with excellent social standing and those from filthy rich families are lucky enough to spend their time here at the elite private school, Ouran Academy. The Ouran Host Club is where the school's handsomest boys with too much time on their hands entertain young ladies who also have way too much time on their hands. Just think of it as Ouran Academy's elegant playground for the super rich and beautiful. I would like for you to become a host." He gave me a side glance and a flirtatious grin. My jaw dropped at the hearing of those words. This guy wants me, of all people, to be in his club. He looks at me expectantly.

"What do I get out of joining your foolish club, Souh? I can already talk to the girls whenever I please. Do you even know my name? You do know that I'm a girl?" I gesture to my ugly yellow dress that we call a uniform. He smiled again and laughs. I look at him slightly annoyed. He laughed and flipped his hair.

"This guy's an idiot!" I screamed in my head. The driver asked for directions and I told him it was close enough. Just as I got out of the car the window rolled down again. I turned to see what else he has to say.

"I've seen you by yourself for a long time. How lonely it must be to never be able to connect with anyone. I see it in your eyes, especially when you smile. You've always seemed alone, Ayaka. Please think about it at least. You can give me your answer tomorrow after school. We all think you would make a great edition. We meet in Music Room #3. Good bye, princess." Tamaki smiled warmly and the window rolled up. His car pulled away. I stare at his car shocked as it drove away. Slowly I start walking the rest of the way home.

----

I walk into the house and I'm greeted by my maid, Hanako.

"Welcome home Miss Ayaka" She said politely. I nod and give her a small smile. Hanako left the foyer, going into the kitchen. I head to my room to get changed for my private kendo lesson. The clothes are already laid out on my bed. I sigh and throw my bag against the wall. My mind is in jumbles as I meet my instructor in our private dojo. He throws me my practice shinai and we start as soon as the shinai touches my hands.

I swing at his hands and legs. I trip him on his back and swing at his chest but he quickly blocks and jumps to his feet. I go at him again and this time I beat him with a quick shot to his stomach. I tell him to go again and we practice for about another hour until my martial art teachers come in the room. I beat my kendo instructor in one swift movement and excuse myself to change my practice clothes.

I re-enter the dojo and bow to my instructors. Three people come into the room and we begin practice. They all attack me at once, but I quickly dodge their attacks. I am flipped on my back in an instant. My breath leaves my body for a second, but I recover quickly and I get back up and defend myself, reminding myself to be more aware of my surroundings. We continue to practice until I have defeated all of the people in the room, even the instructors.

As I walked up the main stairs I remember that my instructors are from the Haninozuka family. Takashi and Mitsukuni are in the upper class, both are involved in that incessant host club. I should do well on my part to thank Mitsukuni for my skilled instructors. It has been a while since I have seen or talked to them. I wonder if they remember me?

I think about that idiotic club as I walk into the bathroom, Hanako had prepared a bath for me. I strip from my karate uniform and sit in the bath. I ponder on my thoughts of the day and wash my short black hair. When I get out of the bath I see that the maids had left me some clothes to get dressed with. I felt my eye twitch when I see the pink frilly skirt and dark purple shirt.

I growl as I wrap a towel around my body and go to my room for proper clothes. Someone knocks on my door just as I finish putting on clothes. I had put on a black long sleeve shirt and a pair of sweatpants. I open the door and see Hanako at the door. Her smile fades as she sees that I am not wearing what she had laid out in the bathroom.

"Ayaka why are you not wearing what I layed out for you in the bathroom?" She asks very passive aggressively. I smirk at her behavior. For as long as I can remember Hanako had treated me like a little sister. My mother treated her like a daughter as well, before she passed away 8 years ago.

"You should know, Hanako, that I don't do skirts and bright colors." Her eye twitches and I smile," Is dinner ready? I'm starving." I pat my stomach and Hanako giggles before nodding. I followed her out the door and down to the dining room. The room was empty and there was only one plate of food set. I saw there was paper sitting where my father's plate usually sat. I knew what was coming, but I still picked up that damn letter.

Dear Ayaka,

I had urgent business to attend to in America tonight and could not be there for dinner again. I apologize. This issue may take sometime to figure out so I do not know when I will be back. You need to study hard and train even harder. Hanako is there if you need anything.

Father.

He went to America and didn't bother to tell me through text or a call! He wrote a damn letter? I set the paper back where it was and ate in silence. After I was done with dinner I paid my respects to Mom then went up to my room and did my homework like usual. My only problem was Tamaki's proposition. I couldn't focus on my homework because my thoughts kept going back to that unbelievable host club. Maybe being a host wouldn't be too bad after all.