23- Takashi's Apprentice!

Ayaka

"Have a good day at school Ayaka." Hanako wished me well as I walked out of the door. It's a beautiful day, so I'll just walk. It's not that far.

----

As I walked past the Kasanoda Syndicate I heard the goons wish the Young Lord a good day at 'work'. Is that what they call school, work? The boy with the red hair that was walking out in an Ouran uniform turned to them and screamed angrily. His henchmen screamed in horror and froze solid. Damn, his face must be pretty scary.

Minding my own business I kept walking. He did have a pretty scary face though. He looked like he was going to kill someone, school today might be interesting.

----

After school was done I grabbed Tamaki and Kyoya and rushed with them to the club room. Today we were cosplaying as late Edo era Shinsengumi warriors. I love the Shinsengumi, all the bravery it took to fight. I love practicing the sword styles they used back then.

"Wow, someone's excited." Tamaki pointed out smiling gently.

I clipped the ponytail extension into my hair and tied the headband around my head. I was the first one done dressing and helped out the rest of the hosts. They looked at me surprised as I listed off facts and pointers on how to act today. Takashi looked especially impressive today. We all gathered around Tamaki as usual. He stood out in a purple kimono.

"Welcome to the host club." We said in unison as the ladies walked in.

"You know, I never would have thought that late-Edo era cosplay would be this popular." Haruhi said surprised.

"Come on, you can't be serious. That's like one of the basics." Hikaru said in a 'duh' tone.

"There are plenty of girls that find the late Edo Era totally fascinating, particularly the Shinsengumi." Kaoru informed Haruhi.

"And most of the girls who like it are complete maniacs about it." Mitsukuni popped up happily adding to the conversation.

"Are they popular because of the noble nature in which they sacrifice their young lives for their country?" Renge came out of nowhere in a bright orange kinmo with her hair in a large bun with a fancy pin sticking out. We all look at her.

"Or could it be because of their stoic determination, their choice to live out their lives by the Bushido Code?" I join Renge not caring any more. We intertwine our hand together, I fanout with Renge.

"Or could it be..." Renge changes the subject and we watch as the twins make a scene. Kaoru pretends to be hit and Hikaru pulls him into his chest.

"Don't die." Hikaru whispers.

"I'm done for brother. Let me go." Kaoru whispered whimpering and pretending to be hurt. The girl scream and blush for the brotherly love. I stay quiet and look away as I blush.

"That we're intrigued because the worship of this group of renegade young men is somewhat forbidden." Renge slams her fist down on the table and brings up a slide show," The Ikeda-ya Inn maybe well known but it's only because of Hijikata. Just imagining him after the battle of Toba Fushimi. His back to the north as he sorrowfully wandered the streets of his homeland intending to defending the honor of the Shinsengumi all by himself! Oh! I could eat three giant bowls of rice!" Renge freaked out.

"That was one hell of a history lesson, Renge." Haruhi deadpanned, I snickered.

"Not having us cast ourselves in specific roles was good advice. Allowing the guests just to be free to fantasize on their own was truly a brilliant idea, Renge. I'm very impressed." Kyoya complimented Renge on her decision. I nodded in approval too.